Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - The Letter & The Arrival [edited]

"Raechelle! You have a letter!" My mom yelled from the bottom, not even caring that I was doing my homework.

Ever since dad died and Richard eloped, Mom has taken a liking to alcohol and never stopped smoking or drinking. With the makeup and plastic on her face and the way she acts, you would think she is a teenage girl.

I ran down the stairs, took my letter from Mom and slammed my bedroom door. Luckily my room was sound-proof, I didn't want to hear my own mother doing the nasty with some random dude.

Mom would do anything for liquor, she would even stoop as low to become a prostitute to get the money for alcohol. She was addicted and nothing anyone did could help her.

I tore open my letter open and unfolded the paper. My eyes widened and my mouth turned up into a big smile.

I was accepted as a trainee to...

SM ENTERTAINMENT!!

For years I've been dreaming of becoming a trainee of SM, but never had the courage to audition. But this year, I couldn't stand my mom anymore, so I gathered up my courage and did my best in the auditions.

A plane ticket was attached to the letter. I took it and examined it. My eyes widened even more when I saw that the departure time for Korea was tonight at 7pm.

I quickly took out my old denim suitcase and threw all my neatly folded clothing in. I didn't have much, seeing that Mom used all the money for alcohol. I got my backpack and threw two of my favourite books, my iPod, my laptop and my iPhone in there.

I changed quickly into a pair of skinny jeans, white crop-top and my converse and headed out of my room. My watch read 6.10pm as I quickly wrote a note saying goodbye and hauled a taxi.

Luckily, I had enough money for the taxi. I thanked the driver and went to check in for my flight. I waited for another half an hour before my plane was to be boarded. I handed my ticket to the stewardess and gave her a smile.

On the plane, a few people ordered the plane food, which turns out to be a waste of money. I was lucky I had dinner at home before all of THIS started. I was smiling and wide awake the whole ride to Korea.

When I got off the plane, I noticed that the whole airport was packed. Some of them were holding signs with the words 'Super Junior fighting!' on it and I smiled, thinking that they, along with a few other amazing groups are going to be my sunbaenims.

I walked through the airport and glanced around the arrival section. It was packed with fans holding signs and some were even gushing over the pictures of their biases on their phones.

I shook my head and glanced around one last time. A man suited in all black was holding a sign that read 'Raechelle Mae' on it caught my attention straight away.

I walked towards him and he threw the sign away, leading me through the crowd of fans, waiting for the arrival of Super Junior.

He led me to a van that had the words 'EXO' all around it. I smiled as I thought of sitting in EXO's van without knowing what was in it for me in the future.

He made a path for me through the crowd of EXO fans surrounding the van. He slid the door open for me and took my suitcase to place it in the trunk.

I got the shock of my life as I face twelve very handsome yet familiar faces once the door of the van was closed. I couldn't believe that I was sitting in EXO's van with EXO!

If my friends back in Canada heard about this, they were gonna flip. I sniffed as I thought of my friends. But no more of that, I'm going to start my new life now. No more looking back at the past.

"WE ARE ONE! Annyeong! We're EXO!" They all said together, which shocked me even more. They were known for their perfect pitch, sexy dancing and amazing rapping. And of course, that fast introduction.

"Annyeong, I'm Raechelle Mae." I smiled at them and sat on an empty seat, which was next to Luhan, my ultimate bias in EXO. Hey, I never said I didn't know who was EXO, in fact I'm an Exotic.

"Annyeong Raechelle, my name's Luhan."

"Annyeong! I'm Chanyeol!"

"Ish, don't mind him. Hi, I'm Kris."

"Annyeong! I'm the troll, Chen! Do you like to prank people?"

"Annyeong! I'm Baekhyun. You're cute, I like you already."

"*sighs* Annyeong and don't mind them, they're always like this, I'm Suho."

"Annyeonghaseyo Raechelle, I'm Kyungsoo, or known as D.O, their umma."

"Do you know how to make steamed meat buns? Can you make them for me? By the way, I'm Minseok, also known as Xiumin."

"Annyeong, I'm Kai, the sexy dancer here. See these muscles?"

"Nihao! I'm Tao. Do you like Kung Fu Panda? Do you have a Gucci collection?"

"Nihao, I'm Lay, or YiXing, the most reserved member here."

I smiled at the eleven who introduced themselves to me, I look at a figure sitting opposite me, with his earphones plugged in, not giving any care to this world, just drunk in his own.

Kyungsoo, who was sitting beside him, nudged him with his elbow and pointed towards me. He looked up and glared at me. Wow, someone obviously isn't happy to meet me.

"I'm Sehun."

That's all he said before returning to his music. I gave a slight frown which wasn't noticeable and looked outside the window. 

Maybe me coming to SM was a bad idea. Maybe I should've just stayed at Canada with my mom and my friends. Maybe I shouldn't have auditioned fore SM.

Ugh. My head was pounding as it was filled with 'maybe-' sentences. So I closed my eyes, hoping to take a nap, so I could feel a little more refreshed when I meet the president.