Chapter 1

"Christian, we're going to get in trouble!"

"Kate, shutup and stop being a chicken."

And with that I shut upsettled in the rusted, black truck. I'm not a chicken, you kind of can't be when you have my life.

We were flying down the old, dark back road. We had hot wired a truck from a house that looked abandoned. I have no idea if it truly was or not, but we take chances.

Christian is my cousin, she's sixteen. She was beyond gorgeous. She had curly brunette hair, she had bright gray eyes that looked as if someone has taken the moon out of the sky and put it into her eyes. She was slim, but not too skinny, she was everything I wanted to be. I, on the other hand, was fifteen, I looked like a skeleton I was so skinny, I had wavy blond hair, and I had greenish blue eyes with orange specks through out my eyes. If anything, I was average, but I'm not sure I would consider myself that. 

Christian and I were run aways. Our parents did drugs, and didn't try to hide it. My mom had boyfriends that abused and almost raped me. My dad had died when I was a young age so the only people I had in my life was my aunt, my cousin, and my mom. Christian's mom, Ronnie, didn't have boyfriends, she was more of a whore. She did guys in the night and they left in the morning. Christian was lucky, she would go into her room when they came and come out when they left, so they never knew she was there, and they never bothered her. 

I went running and crying to Christian one day when I was thirteen about how one of my mom's boyfriends had almost raped me. She was tired of it, since she was the only motherly figure I had. She told me to go pack my things, and I did. That night we left, and our parents have never attempted to looked for us.

It had been about two years, and we were still on the road. It had also been about one year since I had started hiding my secret. We mainly lived on the coasts, so we could sleep on the beach. We were currently in Florida. We did simple jobs to get money for the necessities.

We were driving down a back road when we saw it, the seven story house.

A/N: This chapter sucks and there's nothing I can do too change that. If I did, it would mess up the whole story so deal with it. (: