2.0

Gym was a whole lot different than what I thought it was going to be. At my old school, we rarely ran and usually just did whatever we wanted as long as we were playing a sport of some sort. At this school, it was a completely different story.

"Dear God, please kill me," I whispered to myself, looking up at the ceiling. On the first day, our teacher made us run as far as we could without stopping. I would have quit as soon as we started running, but the minimum was a mile, and if we could not do that she would automatically fail us.

"How you holding up Mads?" Ethan asked me, jogging beside me.

"What do you think?" I responded, trying to catch my breath. It was not that I was out of shape, but I usually never run, unless forced to like now. "And don't call me Mads."

"What about princess?" he thought. I looked over to glare at him, but then realized that he running effortlessly. He was not breathing hard and it did not even look like he was sweating.

"Don't call me that either," I demanded. "How are running and not dying?"

"Well, I ran every day during the summer," he boasted, as a huge smirk came across his face. "Let me guess, you haven't ran since they last did the mile run in P.E.?"

"How would you have guessed?" I sighed, wiping the sweat off of my forehead. Trying to talk and run all at the same time was definitely not helping me trying to breathe.

"So I took a look at your schedule," Ethan started to tell me, running his fingers through his hair.

"And how did you get me schedule?" I questioned, very curious as to why he was so obsessed with being by my side at every single second.

"Sadly, we only have two classes together," he informed me, looking over at me to see my response. His eyebrows were raised in amusement.

"Oh no," I told him, my tone laced with sarcasm. "How will we ever go on?"

"I'll be able to hold up princess," he starts, making me cringe whenever he calls me that. "But I'm more worried about you."

"And why is that?" I asked him. Good Lord, when were we going to reach a mile because I felt like I was going to die at any given second.

"Well, all you have is me," he started explaining to me. "And Levi, but he is not as cool as me."

"Are you and Levi friends?" I asked.

"We are not best friends, but we are close," he answers me. "We have both been the soccer captains for years on the varsity team."

"Is that supposed to impress me?" I questioned him, raising my eyebrows at him in amusement.

"Only if you want it to," he responded, giving me a wink. Rolling my eyes at him, I heard the whistle being blown by the gym teacher.

"Alright, you guys have been running for thirty minutes, which means it has been a little over a mile for those you have not been trying," she yelled. How did she have a husband when she yelled like that? She is a very scary person.

"See you later princess," Ethan told me, as he continued to run around the gym, while I made my way back to the girls' locker room.

Stripping out of my sweaty and disgusting clothes, I put my regular school outfit back on. I had already assumed that my hair and makeup was a mess, so I moved over to the full length mirror and tried to tame my hair.

"Who's the new girl?" I heard a female voice say, as footsteps echoed through the room.
"I don't know," another one answered, who had a really high pitched and annoying voice. "But you know Ethan does not just talk to any girl."