Let Her Go

It's been 3 months. 3 months since that faithful day. The day that has ruined Sam's life, as well as everyone else's. The day Ashley was shot by a man with the name Hamilton. Even thinking of his face made Sam's blood boil and he wanted nothing more but to bash his face in. That was never to happen though, considering that the douche was dead and floating in the ocean near the bay of Madagascar. Even though Ash chose to go with Elena, Sam only blamed himself. The only reason his girl laid unconscious in an hospital bed was cause of him, at least that's what he kept continually telling himself. Now, he sat in a padded chair, listening to the constant beep of the machinery hook up to Ashley. He wouldn't leave this spot unless he needed to piss or eat, but he often didn't do these things, being to afraid that something could happen to her. The nurses would constantly reassure him that Ash was in stable condition. Sure it had been long enough that he would believe them, but the voice in his head never really accepted it.

Then, one day the voice was right. Sam was in their hotel that had rented with the little money they had left. He had showered, ate and some what rested. As he changed his shirt, ringing came from the bed. Digging through the covers on his bed, Sam found his phone and answered.
"Hello?
"Sam? It's Nate"
"Nathan? What's wrong?"
"It's Ashley..."
His heart lurched
"W-what's wrong"
"Just....come to the hospital."
His breathing hitched
"Please, Nathan....what's going on"
"Sam, just come back to the hospital. Now."
Everything was quite and he felt sick to his stomach. At this point, he gave up. Nothing would ever be the same anymore.
"Nathan"
"Sam"
"Just, tell me what to expect."
Those words he spoke were shaky and whispered, not even worth asking. The answer was clear.
"Expect a sheet."

Oh Shit, Cliffhanger Again. Sorry this chapter is so short, it's 3 in the morning and I wanted to write. This probably will be the final chapter in this story, but I was thinking about making a sequel....I honestly don't know. I'm also sorry for taking so long on updating, I've haven't had the ambition nor have I had any ideas. Anyways, thank you all for 1k reads! I really appreciate it. (Sorry this sucks -_-)