Chapter 2

She smiles and nods her head in agreement while holding my hand in the same endearing way a grandma would.

I see her more than a mentor. I see her as a family member. I have had 3 classes with her just this semester. She's my Advanced Greek Language and Contempory Greece professor. The third class is a study class. Personally, I think she sees me as her successor.

"To paidí mou (My child), you're something special." She tells me as she pats my back, "Now be on your way. Kai... Kalí týchi (And...good luck)!!"

I thank her once more and leave the auditorium. While walking down the sidewalk, I flip through the pamphlet. Blue and white stone buildings and a steep Cliffside adorn the front page. I quickly flip through the rest of the pages as I make my way through a cross walk. I throw the pamphlet in my bag as I approach my apartment building. Unlike most college students, I rented my own apartment right off the edge of the campus. It was so much easier to live by myself than have to deal with dorm mates and such.

Taking the balcony stairs, Imake my way to my own little sanctuary. Upon unlocking the door, I am greetedby my black ragdoll cat Hair Factory, aka Fuzzboy. He meows and stretches up atme. I lean down and kiss his head. I lock my door behind me and proceed intaking off my pants. Nothing else is like the feeling of shedding jeans, well,maybe besides shedding a bra. 

(I know it's a short chapter, sorry!!)