Ms. JMD MR. Director!

For many of you are getting confused about what or who is a JMD. Its a joint managing director of a company. Managing directors are the figure head of a company and have the job of organizing and controlling recources. In my story Nandini would also be working over presentations and files.
_______________________________________
It was evening i had almost completed the presentation and was giving it the final touch ups when someone knocked on the door.
"come in"i replied totally engrossed in my laptop screen.
"mam aapko sir ne bulaya hai!"the peon came in and informed and i looked at the landline kept on the side.
"but i didn't get any call!"i said pulling up the receiver.
"its dead!"i muttered and then got up. The peon left before me and i moved to Manik's cabin.
I knocked and he shouted a come in. He seemed angry.
"sir you called me?"i asked and he gave me a deadly stare. I raised my eyebrows at his reaction and he started calming down. He again turned towards Shikha.
"is this how you arrange important stuff.. Totally unordered.."he growled while i decided to be a silent spectator knowing the wrath of his anger.
"s.. Sir.. Vo..mai.. I had no idea.."she fumbled.
"listen! Don't give me this crap! You've been working with this company under me since so many months and all you know is how to throw yourself on guys! And me to be specific!"he screamed and i looked at him wide eyed. What's wrong with this guy. He's not supposed to talk to a lady like this even if whatever he said was true!
Shikha stood there embarrassed. She had tried on Manik alot of times but that didn't mean he would insult her like this. And what got her more fuming was that he said all that to her in front of me who was her junior till the day before.
"I'm sorry to interrupt you sir! But this is not the way you speak to a lady! And you're dragging the matter a little too far!"i said sternly and he looked at me irritatedly.
"did i ask you for your advice miss Murthy.."i was taken aback not because he said that to me but because he said that on a wrong pretext.
"mr. Malhotra even if you're the head of a company that doesn't give you the right to insult a lady like this! If you're not happy with the arrangements she's making.. You need to make her understand what you want and how you want things to be arranged.. She's new to all this! She won't dream of how Manik Malhotra would want his cabin.. And she hadn't even applied to be your PA i suppose!" i said angrily and he looked at me stunned. I could bare everything but not someone who would insult or disrespect women be it in public or person afterall i had gone through it alot.
Hearing Manik speak such things about Shikha i was thrown back to the flashbacks when Harshad used to take me to his parties and used to insult me in front of his friends.
I looked at Manik and he was more angry than irritated now but i couldn't care. I turned and left his cabin with tears brimming in my eyes.
...
I sat back on my chair wiping the continuously flowing tears from my eyes. Every such thing reminded me of what Harshad did to me. However much i was trying to forget him and my bitter past, something happened and i would be thrown back to where i was.
I closed my eyes and was leaning on the back rest of the comfy chair when my phone rang. I wiped my tears and looked at the caller ID.
"Maddy daddy" blinked on my phones screen and an instant smile appeared on my lips.
"hi Maddy!"i said trying to sound as joyous as possible but he was Mafdy daddy after all. He had to act like my father every time.
"aur fatso! Kaisi hai! Tera mood kyu off.. Ro rhi thi kya.. Uss Kamine Harshad ne kuch kiya kya?"he showed a bucket of questions over me and i chuckled. Yes even he hated Harshad. He had basically two reasons one obvious reason was that he had some gut feeling about Harshad's intentions and the second one that he secretly liked me and was quite protective about me..
"relax Maddy daddy.. I broke up with Harshad long back! Long story would tell you when we meet.. Mera mood off nhi hai.. Bas office mein thorha kaam tha so was tired.. And mai ro nhi rhi thi and finally I'm good!"i lied.
"hnmm.. Chal thike take care! I'll call you again raat mein Skype par abhi going to club with friends.."he said and we disconnected the call. He's been staying in Zurich past three years but each time he gets free he directly takes a flight to Mumbai.
I looked at the blank laptop screen when my buzzed with a message.
:parking in five!:it was Manik's. I couldn't say no else he would've again given me the same threats.
I collected my stuff and walked to the lift. So much happened on the very first day i joined back. But somewhere i was missing this only. These hectic hours, lots and lots of work and everything that could make me get a grip over myself. That could distract me. Though it went a little overboard today but still.
I reached his car and he was already standing there leaning on his car, busy in his phone.. I fake coughed to gain his attention and he looked at me as i avoided his gaze.
He opened the door of the passenger seat like a gentleman that he wasn't and i was sure about it after however he spoke to Shikha today but still something in me wasn't convinced that he wasn't one of those gentlemen. Maybe this stupid heart of mine.
We sat in and he drove the car on the main road in utter silence. It was 7:30 yet the roads were totally empty. I looked out as the cool breeze of the monsoon month blew right across my face.
"don't.. Do that.. You'll hurt.. Yourself.."he finally spoke slowly as i put my head out. I looked at him and he avoided any kind of eye contact.
"I'm.. I'm.. Sorry for the.. The way.. I behaved with you.. You and Shikha.. Both.."he muttered. Why did saying sorry sound so difficult from him.
"Manik.. Its not about your sorry.. Its about if you really know why you're saying sorry.. Its about knowing where you went wrong.."i said softly and he closed his eyes.
"okay listen.. Lets go to the beach.. We'll talk there!"i suggested. I knew he was really guilty and that's what i liked about him. He said whatever he felt dil se. Though his dil ke words did go wrong Sometimes but at least he was honest.
"now?"he asked in disbelief.
"haan.. Chalo.."i said and he nodded still unsure if he should listen to me or not.
....
We walked to the sea shore and i dipped my legs in the cold sea water.. "you know Manik! Your words! They're just like this water!" i said and he looked at me with scrunched eyebrows.
"sometimes your words can be so refreshing that it could lighten up someone's mood and make them happy but sometimes they can be painfully cold. So cold that the coldness could hurt the other person.. Aaj jo tumne Shikha se kaha.. Vo ho sakta hai galat na ho lekin uss baat ka tumhare cabin ke setup se koi relation nhi tha! Manik vo tumhari JMD thi PA nhi.. Usse very first day kaise pata chalega kaunsi kaha rehti hai jab tak usse koi batayega nhi.. Mujhe bhi toh time laga tha.. Aur shayad abhi bhi lagega.. Sabko adjustment mein time lagta hai par iska matlab yeh toh nhi naa that you insult her like this. If she throws herself at you or any other guy.. Atleast you being the director should remember the code of conduct.. You tell her that its inappropriate but in person... That too after office hours.. Make her understand and if she still repeats the same give her ultimatums but you can't insult her like this mixing two issues together.."i said softly looking at him making him understand.
"i know you're right Nandini.. Its just that i get irritated when these spineless girls try to throw themselves on me and that too in my working hours.."he said irritated.
"Manik.."i paused but realized what he just said.
"wait what?you don't like it when they throw themselves on you during your working hours and what about the other times.."i asked suspiciously. "cmon Nandini.. Even I'm a guy! And I'm very much straight and interested in girls and all those stuffs involved so i definitely won't have minded this had i been partying but working hours is seriously for work!" he said.
"and then you call those girls spineless.. Seriously Manik.. Had Shikha been in some Club with you and doing the same.. You won't have minded..."i said angrily and he nodded a casual yes.
"after all every guy is the same.. MCP"I muttered and he came closer to me.
"you want me to show you ms. JMD.. How different i am from every other guy.."he said teasingly putting a hand around me and locking me.
"shut up.. Mr. Director.. It's getting late and i need to get home.."i said and pushed him away getting up from where we were sitting and walking back to our car.
....
He pulled off in front of my house and i stepped out when he called me.
"I'll pick you up tomorrow.. The same time.."he said but i nodded in a no.
"Manik.. I can't keep depending on you right.. I'll come on my own.."i said and in minutes he stood in front of me with a stiff face.
"i told you! I'm going to pick you up till you recover properly.. No arguments."he said gritting his teeth.
"no Manik.. Also i can't risk myself. What if the MCP in you wakes up.. Who's gonna save me then!"i said teasingly.
"firstly that won't happen until I'm in a real party mode and even if it does.. The decent obedient me will make sure nothing wrong happens to you!"why did he have to be so tough.
"Manik please.. Trust me.. And let me handle myself.. If this continues you'll become a bad habit for me.. Please!"i said and he seemed convinced.
"fine"he agreed and then left but not before making sure that i entered my house safe and secure.