Alcohol & Stars

The burning sensation down my throat was comforting.

Good bourbon was hard to find in the city. Everyone drunk cheap bullshit. Only the bars-that-no-one-knows-about have stuff that's drinkable.

Although, they were always full of creeps.

"Hey baby..."

A man in his late 40's said, as he sat next to me.

I could smell the alcohol and drugs on him.

"You look fucking sexy - you should come to my place..."

"Fuck off asshole. No one needs a shit like you."

"Come on-"

Before he even finished, I pushed him off his barstool.

"I said, fuck off."

I growled. He raised his hand defensively, and replied.

"Jeez, alright missy. Missed opportunity, I'd say."

He then begins to stumble off, looking for his next victim.

Once upon a time ago, I would of put that man in his place. Recently, I've given up. The world's already fucked. What difference will I make?

I watched the ice swirl in my glass as I moved it.

What was I doing with my life anymore?

One moment, I was helping save earth. Now I'm sitting in bars drinking until I can't feel the pain.

Honestly. What a waste.

I took another swig of bourbon, making me feel warm inside.

I fell deep inside my own mind, swirling, when someone else sat next to me.

I turned to look, annoyed.

"I swear to god, if you don't leave me alone I will - oh."

The girl who had next to me looked a little to young to be in this bar, with red-hair in ponytails.

"Shit, I'm sorry. Who are you?"

"No worries! I'm Ruby, I'm like, your biggest fan!"

She said, nearly bouncing out of her seat.

"I - uh - thanks." I reply. I was never the one to do all the talking. Publicity wasn't my forte.

"I remember when you were first on the telly, and everyone thought you were a bad person, but I always knew were good. Oh! And when they found out you were working on star fleet, I was screaming I was so happy!"

I frowned, and then drank. The whole reason I'm here is because I want to forget space, or the star fleet altogether. Can't ever get peace and quiet here.

"Yeah. Do you want, uhm, a autograph or something?"

"Look - I just want to know - did you really save Captain Kirk's life? After the whole Khan thing? Or was that the work of the medic that did that special thing?"

I mentally groaned. Really? She could of asked anything. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

"Well, it was mostly me. Sort of."

Another one down the hatch.

"Sort of?"

Honestly. Please. Leave me alone!

"Look, I used some... ancient magic to restart is vital organs, at the disadvantage for stopping mine. This make him 'alive', but not really living. What Bones did was restart all his other organs."

She leaned in, looking at me shocked.

"You.. You stopped your heart for him?"

"Yeah, I guess. My heart had stopped, and I was in a coma, but my blood was still flowing and carrying oxygen. I actually don't know how, it was an old spell and I had never done it before."

"Wow. Just wow. Could you... Could you do some magic?"

I raised an eyebrow. I stretched by hand out in front of the girl. Without even thinking, purple aura gently glowed out of my hand.

"Wow! You're amazing!" She exclaimed, eyes widening at the glowing purple.

Clenching my hands into a fist, making the purple disappear, I replied. "Meh. On the planet I come from, you can see a lot more then that."

"Oh! You have to tell me what - oh my god!" She squealed, looking at a group sitting at tables in the bar. "It's Captain Kirk! Oh my god, oh my god!"

Looking over, I quickly noticed the blonde hair matched with ocean blue eyes, along with Scotty and Bones. 

Fuck.

I needed to leave, before they, especially he, noticed me.

Seeming at he didn't visit me while I was in hospital for multiple months, I had taken the signal that James wasn't interesting in talking to me. I have no idea if he is pissed with me, but seeming as he hasn't tried to contact ever sense I woke up from the coma, I wouldn't be surprised.

The girl looked back at me, grinning. "You were here waiting for them, right?"

I drunk the last of the bourbon and pulled out some cash to leave for the drink.

"Nope."

I hopped off the bar stool, grabbing my brown jacket off the chair.

"Wait, did something happen between you guys?"

Getting ready to leave, I turn around to the girl once more.

"Look. Things don't always turn out perfectly. That's just how it is. Make sure you look after yourself."

I turned around and headed for the door of the bar, keeping my head down.

Don't see me, don't see me, don't see me.

"Em?"

I heard the familair voice call out from behind me.

Shit.

// Thanks for reading this little story of mine! I know it makes no sense - it's a favourite part of mine from this fanfic I have in my head. I might even be tempted to write for the story at some point? Anyway, hope you enjoyed!