The Marriage of Steel and Skin

I gripped the steering wheel as I pressed my foot against the gas pedal. I adjusted the box of chocolates in the seat beside me to where they would not fall over. I made my way to the florist. Today is a very special day, my two year anniversary with the love of my life. I have a few things planned and getting her some roses is on the list, then I am off to her house. I pulled into the parking lot and quickly got out then rushed inside. I passed the register to see my close friend working there, I gave a quick smile and a wave then found my roses. I picked some and pricked my finger. I looked down as I saw the red liquid trickle its way down. As I put the roses into my left hand I popped my finger into my mouth and sucked the blood away. As I made my way to the front I found my friend once again and went to his register.

I took my finger out of my mouth. "Andrew, hi there."

"Hey, how's it going?" He asked.

"Pretty well, how about yourself?" I asked.

His phone went off and he went to respond to it. "Excuse me for a second."

I began to look around and the vibrant colors surrounding me. Blue, red, light and dark pink, black, white, purple, and almost any color you could imagine. It is a gorgeous sight. I licked my finger quickly just before the blood dropped to the ground and Andrew came back.

"Sorry Emily called. Will that be all for you today?" he asked.

"Wait, Emily? Do I know her?" I questioned.

He chuckled. "Well of course you know her. She's your girlfriend."

I gave a small laugh. "Oh, haha. Is she alright?"

"Yeah, she's fine. She just wanted to know what time I was coming over." he told me.

I felt my hands tighten and the thorns on the roses went straight into my skin. I didn't even flinch I only made my grip tighter. "You are going to see her today?"

"Yep, she invited me over and told me she didn't have any plans tonight so she wanted someone to come over and watch movies with her and keep her safe. Shits pretty rough out there nowadays." He said with a smile.

In seconds I could fill his mouth with blood and send his teeth down his throat but instead all I did was smile back. "I see. I made plans with her tonight to do things but I guess that changed."

He gave me my receipt and smiled. "I guess so."

At that point I could take a knife to his neck and marry a blade to his throat. I could watch the blood spill out all over his shirt and my hands. I smiled back and took my receipt then made my way to my car. I got into my car and unclenched my hand to see the blood pouring out of the holes in my hand. I quickly pulled the thorns out of my hand and wrapped my hand with a napkin that was laying on my floor. The mess I have made was cleaned up and my trip to Emily's house continued.

As I pulled into her driveway I grabbed the box of chocolates and held the roses in my other hand. I fixed my shirt and walked up her stairs. I rang the doorbell and then waited for her.

She opened the door. "Oh, hi I didn't expect you."

"Surprise surprise darling." I said with a smile.

A discouraged smile crept upon her lips. "Well, I guess you can come in."

I walked inside and slipped off my shoes. I hugged her and gave her the presents I held in my hands.

"Happy two years!" I said happily.

She pulled away rapidly. "Yeah."

I kept a smile on my face even though I felt so off about the way she's been acting lately. We haven't been able to be together for a while because she has had someone over for the past 3 weeks. The way she is acting is new too. It started ever since she started having someone over almost ever night. I just brushed it off and began to make my way to the kitchen.