~Chapter II~

Today, June 13th, is my birthday. I'm turning 16, so later my dad is taking me to get my driver's license. I woke up with streamers and balloons all around my room. This is one of the reasons why I hate my birthday; too much attention. As I was heading out the door to get some breakfast, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I looked at the caller I.D., and saw the person calling was my best friend, Anya.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Happy birthday girlie!" she sang into the phone.

"Yeah, yeah. The only good thing coming out of me growing into an old person is my license," I told her glumly.

"Yes, thank God! Now I don't have to drive you everywhere!" she joked.

"Oh, oh yeah! I'm feeling the birthday love!" I answered sarcastically. We talked a little more, and arranged a birthday dinner at my favorite resteraunt. Then we ended the call.

I decided to go to the post office to get the mail. When I got there, I dialed the password for our box, grabbed the mail, and went back to the house. I laid it out on the table for my dad, because the mail was never for me.

I ran upstairs to take a quick shower before I got ready for the day ahead. When I got done, I skipped cheerfully down the stairs to grab a snack. My dad was at the table sorting out the mail.

"Hey, honey, there's quite a bit of mail here for you," he said, holding out my pile. "Thanks." I took it and ran up to my room once again. It was all birthday postcards and gifts from my family. There was one letter, though, that I didn't know the name to. It was from someone named Arianna Kate. I opened it and read,

"Dear Patience,

I can't believe you are 16! My sweet baby girl, you have just frown up so fast. You're probably wondering who I am. Well, sweetie, don't freak out. But... I'm your mother. I am so sorry I haven't written or kept in touch with you, but I just couldn't. Your father and I divorced because we married to young, and didnt really love with each other. We were IN love, but didn't LOVE each other. I've tried to write to you, I really have. But your father always calls me whenever he sees that Ive tried to write a letter to you. He says that if I don't Stop writing, then he will sue me. You have no idea how bad I have wanted to see you. I made the fake name, Arianna Kate, just so I could get this letter to you. My real name is Shelbi Helks. I hope you will write back to me. It would mean the world! I love you.

Sincerely,

Your mom, Shelbi."

I couldn't believe my eyes. A letter from my mother! I was so excited, I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and laid it on my desk. I would write it later. I couldn't tell my father, or he would sue my mom. His ex-wife. The only person I would be able to tell is Anya. She wouldn't tell any of my secrets for a million dollars. My dad called me from downstairs and said it was time for the driving test.

We went there, and I passed! I was so happy. I called Anya to tell her the good news.

"Good job!" she told me. We were talking about random things, then said, "Oh my gosh. You are gonna flip when you get home!"

When we turned the corner to my street, I saw a red convertible parked in front of my house."Oh my God! Who's car is that?" I asked my dad, already knowing the answer.

"Hon, that's your car!" he said. "YES! Thank you so much, dad!" I hopped put of the car to be greeted by none other than Anya.

"Hey girlie! Do you like your little gift?" she asked me.

"I absolutely love it! Just out of curiosity, did you help with this somehow?" I asked with a big smile. I suspected she had something to do with this.

"Maybe... but who cares! Let's take this baby for a ride!" she cheered.

I hopped in the driver's seat and she in the passenger's, and we rode all around. I took the hood off the car and felt the wind blowing through my hair.

This was a great day so far!

-------------------------------------------------

Whatdoyathink??? I think its a good chapter! I typed this all on my iPod, so it took a LONG time!! But it's finished and I'm happy! Please comment and vote!!!

~Arania107 :)