James Anderson part two

*One month later*

The days felt as if they were going in slow motion, a month has finally passed and I'm giddy with anticipation.Suddenly, the loud speaker cuts on.

"Attention students, the winner of the Lakeville High Writing contest has been selected.The winner is Jessica Anderson.Please report to the office after announcements to discuss the details for tomorrow's assembly.Thank you." And with that, the loud speaker turned off.I ignore the stares from my peers as I hurriedly leave the dreaded homeroom and make my to the office.As I enter the secretary gives me a knowing glance and points towards the direction of the principal's office.As I enter I am greeted by a warm smile.

"Hello James," He greeted me with my proper name," your paper was so moving. The assembly is tomorrow and the local news crew will be joining us.So I just thought that you'd like to know that little fact. Good luck James, I'm rooting for you." With that he sent me back to class, my mind heavier than before.Now the whole city will hear my story, the stakes are higher than ever.Tomorrow will decide whether or not I get a town that accepts me or shuns me, and I hope it's not the latter.I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

*The next day*

My palms are clammy and a cold sweat is making its way down my back.It's only five minutes until Showtime. I feel anxiety creeping it's way through my body as I run a hand through my unruly mouse brown hair that reaches the nape of my neck and straighten my tie.I decided to dress it up for my big day, a simple grey short sleeve button up to show off my newly muscular arms ,a thin black tie, khakis, and a pair of grey sneakers.As I make my way onto the stage the lights are nearly blinding but I can still make out the faces of my peers.I clear my throat and begin to speak,

"Hi, I'm james.You guys know me as Jessica, I came to this school about a month ago in hopes of a new start.I transferred here due to the excessive bullying I received when I came out as trans.Yup, you heard me right.You see I realized I wasn't like the other girls, I never felt comfortable in my own body.My insides don't match up with my outsides per say.When I tried to show the real me I lost all those I held dear, both friends and family.I thought if I wrote this speech and spoke to you all that you'd come to an understanding and accept me.I know not all of you will but I've come to peace with that.My name is James, I am a trans male, and this my fellow students brings my speech to a conclusion."

With that I ended my speech and I walked off the stage.I know that even after all this they'll never fully accept me.That's okay though, I am who I am. I am James Anderson.