Chapter 1: another day

I wake up in the morning, I glance out my window and see jake getting out of bed. It's 6:50 am. I head downstairs and get my breakfast.
" hurry up or I'm not taking you to school!" My step mum ivy chants
" you never take me to school, I walk"
" and why do you think that is? Because your lazy and slow and always Late!"
" I'm always early at school ivy"
" My name is mum"
" no it isn't, your not my mum"
" you better watch it you silly little girl" she shouts

I rush upstairs and get into the shower, I can her Hanna screaming at me to get out even though I've only been in there for 5 minutes. I get out and head to my room.
" finally" Hanna says brushing her blonde hair.

I get into my black sport leggings and a black hoodie. I brush my brown hair and get my sneakers on, I grab my bag and leave.

Once I arrive at school I see my friend Stacey waiting for me at the gate, her orange hair in braids and her blue dress blowing in the wind.
" why you dressed so sad and miserable?" She asks
" because I'm sad and miserable" I laugh
She laughs back. We have known each other since year 1 in primary school.
" first class?" Stacey asks
" math you?"
" math!!!" She shouts
She jumps up and down and runs to the library, I follow her.

Kids laugh and call out rude names to us. We are used to it. We sit down at a table in the library and study for our math test again.
" I hope I get full marks" I say
" me too, that means double chocolate donuts for me!"
" lucky you, my grades don't mean anything to my family. Besides my actual mum"
" how is that going anyway?"
" horrible. She keeps asking me to call her mum."
" that's bad, I'm sorry for you"
" not your fault"

After studying we rush to math class, the first ones there, sitting next to each other we giggle and chat until we see the three cool girls walk in. ' the mains' is what they like to be called. The leader is Britney with blonde Hair and cherry red lips with blue eyes she's wearing a pink shirt and white lace top. She's a cheerleader. The two others are taylor and katy. Katy has black hair and she's wearing a black dress with pink heels, taylor has blonde hair and she's wearing a orange skirt and a black top. They have different stykes, each day a new one. Monday: preppy, Tuesday: layed back class Wednesday: girly sporty Thursday: rompers and Friday fashionable tomboy.

They look down at me and Stacey because of their huge heels, they are like 6 inch heels.
" always the first in class" Britney snickers
They walk off to the back of the class. More students come in, but my heart stops beating when jake comes in wearing a singlet and jeans, his hair pushed back.
" apparently he's with Britney" Stacey nudged me
" I know"
You know how I know that? Because I saw him and Brittany kissing in his room a couple of nights ago.

He goes up to her and kisses her cheek, she pushes his face towards her lips.