Chapter 5: alone

It's been a week now, me and jake occasionally talk. Him and Brittany broke up which is good. My only issue is, Stacey. She's different now, she's dating Daniel and I can't believe that I'm alone again! Before we really hung out we were alone and now she hangs out with Daniel. I sit alone at recess and lunch in the library she's changed. It's like she's cool now. Once you have a boyfriend everything is normal and ok. You fit in with others. Brittany doesn't hate her anymore, she actually kinda likes her. Stacey doesn't realise any of this. When we do talk all she talks about is Daniel or Brittany.

" hey Emma!" Stacey says to me on a tuesday morning
" hey" I answer
Stacey is wearing skinny jeans and a black crop top, her hair is straightened and she's wearing makeup! I look down on what I'm wearing, black leggings and a white top. My hair is In a ponytail and I'm wearing no makeup. Stacey looks different today.
" you look different today" I admit to her
" it's my new style. You like?"
" it's nice"
" you should do it too" Stacey Insists

I don't want to, but what if it's the right thing to do? I have heard rumours that everyone things I'm daggy and I'll never find a guy. Maybe I should do this so jake will actually like me.
" I don't know" I say
" I'll let you think about it"

She walks off to go find Daniel. I sit down outside and I read articles on my phone about changing your appearance. They all say do it if you want to. I decide to talk to one of my cousins who's a year older then me after school.

After school, instead of walking home I walk to her house. She's 19 and lives with her boyfriend but I'm pretty sure he's not home today.

I knock on the door. She opens the door, her name is Kayla. She has blonde hair and she's really pretty, she's in a black and white dress.
" sorry for coming and not telling you" I apologise to her once we get inside
" it's alright. How can I help?" She asks
" I need your advice, do you think I should change my style to be more popular, not get bullied and possibly get the boy of my dreams?"
" well of course! Unless you want to hide in the shadows?"
" no, no. I mean, this guy is super hot and popular so he wouldn't date me looking like this right?"
" tell me about him"

So I tell her about him, and she says I should defiantly do it. We go shopping together and buy a whole new wardrobe full of outfits.
" a tip for fashion, buy clothes in outfits" Kayla says
I nod my head. I take in all the advice she has. It's now 5:00 and she drives me home. I really want my license.

" where have you been?" Ivy shouts at me
" don't worry, I've been with Kayla. My cousin"
" well you could of told us! I was getting excited about having you gone" Hanna teases
I roll my eyes and head upstairs. Sofie is in my room, talking to jake through my window.
" what are you doing?" I ask Sofie
" me and jake were getting to know each other"
" why are you in my room?"
" because I can be"

She storms out my room. I sit on the ledge of my bed, jake isn't in the window, he's not in his room. I notice my diary open on my desk, my secret personal diary. She's read my secrets about jake! No!
" Sofie!" I call to her from the other end of the house
She rushes upstairs and has a smirk on her face
" what"
" did you read this?"
" mmmm"
" how dare you!"
" your lucky tho. There's nothing juicy in there about being gay, only jake"

After arguing and arguing, she leaves my room.