Talking to the shadow

He slams the door behind him and ruffles his hair in so many directions like a lunatic, placing her back on the door she screams 'I need answers please help me'.
It was July and the rains was still falling immeasurably at jos, a middle belt area of Nigeria west Africa, it was such that even as the sun shined I would go out with an umbrella because of the unpredictable weather I experienced. Everywhere was green and food crops were wallowing in healthy growth; ' lots of food this year ' I presumed the same way many predicted. As October drew closer I was already getting ready to resume my job as a counselor on self esteem and related issues usually amongst teenagers and adults and I was already missing jos, its cold weather, green valleys and beautiful hills surrounding the state, I was already missing late nights at the family house with cousins I had not seen in a long time. I could feel the loneliness amongst the crowed a thought only my mother could see as she looked at my face during the grace before meal at her newly furnished dinning room. It was the second time I had been home in five years ever since I started my job as a counselor.
As a counselor of nearly six years I had come across several cases of teenagers with issues of low self esteem and adults with the same cases only more sever as compered to that of the teenagers. On a cool cloudy afternoon of November 1999 a day I can remember vividly like it was yesterday; this particular case of a young teenage boy of 16 or 17 by the mere look on his face and the haphazard way he spoke pushed my career to the limit for the first time in five years. I had just gotten back from a funeral service of my friends grandmother and had just sat down facing the window behind me, a few minutes into my quite rest I suddenly heard the slamming of my door and with a slight fear I turned my chair hastily round to see who it was. A six foot four, light skinned boy with afro on his head stood leaning his back on the door of my office. And in my mind I thought ' here comes another self hating teenager ' not knowing all along I was wrong as he started lamenting in his case before we could exchange pleasantries and before I could even offer him a sit; it was as though inferno burnt through his eyes and words as he firmly and calmly mentioned every word like an oral English class.