The Enigmatic Moment in Time

A/N: This one is an extremely long one shot, read it at your own risk. If you do read it, please leave a feedback/comment to let me know what you think about this story. Also, it hasn't been proofread, so point out the errors and typos, if you find any while reading.
Happy Reading!

************************

Rhetorically, even a broken heart longs to beat again.

An Agreement of Disagreement

Quiet, as she can, she moves to her flight seat. Her face is tear-stained, her mascara's smudged, she doesn't wish to be a source of murmurs amongst the 250-odd people who are travelling in the same flight as her. She lowers her NY cap to hide her face, though it doesn't conceal the trails of the tears she has tried to wipe again and again in last few hours. More precisely, after her breakup this morning.

"I've made up my mind, don't try to change it now. I'm done with you."

Still crying, she settles on the window seat. Tears again start cascading down her cheeks. The bitter memories of this morning begin to piercing her heart, shattering her soul. She can't make herself forget anything that he had spoken to her this morning. His heart didn't flinch even once before breaking their relationship of two years.

"It's childish, you're childish. I don't want to be with some as spoilt and irresponsible as you! You don't understand anything, just live in your fairy-tale world. Samya is million times better than you, she suits me and my life. Not you. We're over, Ms. Harshali Taneja, for good!"

Recounting his harsh words, makes her cry even harder. She has had loved him with every bit of her heart, yet he has broken it mercilessly. Their relationship of three good years would end on such a rueful note, she's had never envisioned.

 Their relationship of three good years would end on such a rueful note, she's had never envisioned

"Excuse me, Ma'am, er...I think you've occupied the wrong seat." a polite male voice makes her come out of her thoughts, or specifically the stinging flashes of her now broken relationship.

"Y-Yeah, I...." she tries to speak, but her lumpy throat doesn't allow words to come out clear. Certainly, even the man in front of her understands this. More so, because of her ruined makeup.

"It's okay, Ma'am, you can take the window seat. I'll take your seat," the man says softly. "Where's your seat?"

Slightly embarrassed at her lack of courtesy, Harshali immediately points towards the aisle seat beside the seat she's sitting at. The man nods and settles down on the seat after keeping his laptop bag in the overhead space bin.

Once both of them settle down on their respective seats, she doesn't pay much attention to him though. Her mind is clouded with the memories of the time she's had with her ex, Soham. It feels astonishing for her that the guy who claimed to love her unconditionally, has left her for someone who he now considers far better than her.
Were all his promises nothing but lies?
She can't help but cry even more.