Chapter 1: After The End

Quick A/N: I recommend listening to the songs in the media section for each chapter while reading.

It was so.. dark. That's the first thing I thought when I regained consciousness. What had just happened?

Oh right. I had just finished killing everything in that game.

I had watched as Chara dealt the final blow, but then something different had happened than I had expected. Instead of just my computer screen going dark, everything did. It was like someone had blindfolded me, knocked me out of my desk chair, and sucked my body through a vacuum cleaner. I looked down at my clothing and gasped. It had been changed from my grey shirt, purple jacket, jeans, and sneakers, to a light grey dress with no detail, as if it was a large fitted v-neck t-shirt that stopped around my calves, and bare feet. My hair was down and it flowed around me.

That was when I noticed my hands. There were strings hanging from my hands. There were white, frayed strings hanging from my hands. Each finger on both of my hands had a string tied to it as if I was a puppeteer. How ironic. Oh yea, you readers don't know my true name. Well I'll let you figure that one out for yourselves.

Anyways. As I sat, or floated actually, and tried to figure out what the heck was going on, a child's voice spoke to me out of the silent darkness, startling me out of my confused thoughts.

"Interesting." I whirled around and came face-to-face with the person who had been affected the most by my cruel actions, and had ended them not that long ago.

"You want to go back." Chara's horrific smile had faded into a frown and their reddish-brown eyes showed a broken child who had seen things no kid that young should have seen. Somehow I knew that their expression was because of me.

"You want to go back to the world you destroyed."

"Am I dreaming?" Chara gave me a serious, almost deadly, look.

"No." My eyes widened. That couldn't be . It was impossible to imagine. Chara continued.

"Why do you want to go back? It was you who pushed everything to its edge and led the world to its destruction. Tell me why." I was so confused. I was in Undertale? The amazing game by Toby Fox and Temmie Chang that had changed the way I looked at video games? Since party of me couldn't comprehend what had happened, but here I was. Standing in front of the Dreemurr that everyone called the demon child. Chara gave me an expectant gaze, waiting for my answer. Once I snapped out of my confused state I made eye contact with them, trying to be as calm as I could with my answer.

"Chara, 20 minutes ago this world was nothing but a game I could test and exploit in any way my curiosity saw fit. Somehow I've been brought here against my will and I have no choice but to continue. I need to find my role." Chara took a deep breath and I braced myself in case they tried to attack me -they had every right to-, but they just walked forward, towards me.

"You think you are above the consequences of your actions."

"I do, or I did." Chara's eyes made it impossible to not break eye contact, leaving me frozen in the spot.

"Then what are you looking for?" That made me think. What was I looking for? Chara and I stood there for a bit, before they broke the silence.

"Perhaps," they said, "we can come to an agreement. You still have something I want. Give it to me, and I'll bring this world back." I know what's coming, but it can't be avoided. I take a deep breath.

"Yes." Chara smiles, but not like the one from the jumpscare. Just a cruel smile.

"Then it is agreed. You will give me your SOUL, the key to unlocking the resets." I hesitated, wondering if I would regret this later.

"Y-yes..." I replied with a sense of finality. I don't regret my decision now, I mean they were right in accusing me, but I wouldn't be who I am now if I hadn't given it up...

~~•••---•••~~

Finally! Chapter one is out!!! Sorry for the wait! Uff-da! If any of you are on the Undertale Amino app you can find me on there as Puppet and get to see the new chapters before they're even on here, as well as chat and rp with me!

Love y'all!
Falornel Leafwalker