Chapter Four

" You totally want to fuck him." Katie laughs.

 I grab the nearest pillow and fling it at her, catching her off guard as it smacks her squarely in the face. With a yelp, she tumbles off my bed, landing with a thud on the floor. "Keep your filthy thoughts to yourself." 

Katie is convinced that I'm attracted to Damien, this didn't even start with the engagement, she believed this throughout our years of high school. Right now she was annoying me, I couldn't be attracted to Damien it would be weird with the situation that we are in, plus I couldn't prove my Mom and Dad right. Damien and I are polar opposites, he's rude, obnoxious and a player, I've never even had my first kiss, never mind sex. My thoughts are interrupted as I get hit in the face with a pillow as part of Katies counterattack. 

I squeal, grabbing another pillow to defend myself. "Oh, it's on! Prepare to pay!"

The room erupts into chaos as feathers fly and pillows thud against the walls. "You're going down!" Katie taunts, dodging my attacks with surprising agility.

I laugh, my cheeks flushed with excitement. "Not if I have anything to say about it!" I launch myself at her with renewed determination.

I was not losing this fight!

"Well, that was quite the pillow fight. You two certainly know how to handle your pillows."

Katie and I exchange a startled glance, startled by the voice coming from the doorway,  our cheeks flushing with embarrassment as we realise that Damien had been watching us the whole time. "Oh, uh, Damien! We didn't see you there," I stammer, feeling a mixture of amusement and embarrassment.

He chuckles, shaking his head. "No worries, girls. It was quite the show." With a wink, he turns and heads down the hallway, leaving Katie and me to exchange mortified glances.

"Well, that was embarrassing," Katie mutters, burying her face in her hands.

"Definitely one for the books, come on we need to get ready."

Katie and I loved going to parties, although we kept  a tight knit friend group we enjoyed speaking with everyone from our school, well, not everyone. Especially not Tiffany. 

Katie and I decided to get ready for the dance, finally, Damien was getting impatient and I could hear some of the small talk he was having to have with my parents down the stairs.I settled on cute skirt, it was a cream cargo mini skirt, something plain but cute and then put on my white halter top. Pulling on my converse and putting the finishing touches, I looked at myself in the mirror. 

Wow, I look good.

" I am 100%  borrowing that top in the future." Katie says, she's staring at my boobs as she says this." I'm no better than a man." She laughs.

We walk downstairs and I hear Damien sigh with relief. It couldn't have been that bad. He then spots me and looks me up and down, his jaw slightly lowering.

"I-uh are you uh-" He stumbles on his words struggling to string a sentence.

"Come on you! The jugs are spectacular I know, but we've got a party to get to!" Katie grabs Damiens arm dragging him out the door.

The party buzzed with energy as the night wore on, the air thick with anticipation and the scent of alcohol. Damien and I found ourselves in the center of it all, surrounded by friends and acquaintances, swept up in the chaos of the moment. I was five vodkas deep and starting to feel the effects as I was giggling and dancing with Maddie 

As the laughter and chatter filled the room, someone suggested playing spin the bottle, and the idea was met with enthusiastic cheers. Of course it was the creepy Smith twin, I much prefer his other half, Adam, he was so cute. I felt a flutter of nervous excitement in my chest as the bottle spun, my heart pounding in anticipation of where it would land.