Why me?

“I can’t believe he just passed you with three points. You got 93% while he got 96%.” Bambam whispers to his cousin whose face seems pale.

“So this means that I have to pretend to be his…his…boy…boyfriend?” Mark mutters while looking at nothing in particular.

“What’s wrong with him? Mark?” JB waves his hand on Mark’s face.

“Yo! What’s up with your friend?” Jackson asks a little too loud but it’s good because it seems to pull Mark out of his trance.

Mark adjusts his glasses and stands up, facing Jackson. He’s lost the bet but there is no way he is going to lose his pride and dignity. “I’m fine. I guess you won. Congratulations.” Mark says, looking Jackson in the eyes while folding his hands on his chest.

“Of course I would be the winner here. What else did you expect?” Mark scoffs while Jackson’s friends roll their eyes at their overconfident friend. He’s really exaggerating. And it’s too much.

“So, boyfriend right?” Jackson smirks at Mark’s expression which shows as if he’s about to faint any time soon. Mark sighs and nods. “A deal is a deal.” He says.

“But please don’t call me that.”

“Oh, did the great Mark just beg me for something? Well sorry but you don’t tell me what to do. I do.” Jackson points at himself.

“Jackson we know you won but can you—.” Youngjae tries to speak but Jackson cuts him off.

“I told you not to do this but what did you do? ‘Are you scared of losing Jackson?’ Remember?  So you guys can stop bothering me. And don’t worry I’ll treat Mark here nicely. He is my boyfriend after all.” Jackson says and just then the bell rings.

“Come on boyfriend.” Jackson puts his hand around Mark’s waist and pulls him out of the room.

“Please kill me.” Mark whispers to himself as he lets himself to be dragged by Jackson. He’s suddenly tired. How can Jackson beat him? Just the night before he had a dream of winning the bet and making Jackson suffer. How can things turn out like this?

“Youngjae what did you just do.” Jinyoung asks as the guys come closer to each other.

Youngjae smiles, “You’ll see.” He says and goes to class the other following behind.

“Bambam, let’s go together.” Yugyeom runs after him while Bambam tries to walk as fast as he could to avoid the boy bothering him.  

***

To say that Jackson was making Mark’s life a living hell with this boyfriend thing is an underestimate. It all started that same day when they got to class with Jackson’s hand holding Mark’s hand.

“Umm did I miss something here?” One of their classmates asks.

“Oppa….what’s going on?” Some girl asks. And then whispers follow in class. Wondering what’s going.

“Listen here guys, Mark and I dating. He’s now my boyfriend.” As soon as Jackson says this, ohhhs and ahhhs could be heard around the class including gasps and shocked faces, making Mark sick to his stomach.

“Is this a prank? I’m not falling for it.” Some guy from the back asks.

“Of course it’s not. Mark here confessed to me yesterday. Why don’t you tell them all about it Mark. I’m sure they’d love to hear it.” Yesses could be heard again the class. Mark rolls his eyes and goes to his seat. He sits down and puts his head over the table. Covering his face and blocking everything and everyone out. Jackson smiles and shakes his head. “Maybe next time guys,” He says and he goes to sit too.

“I still think it’s a prank.”  

***

And then it went to the day after, in the cafeteria during their break.

“Mark, honey, could you get me some food?” Jackson asks, speaking loud enough for everyone to hear.

“Hey why don’t you just yell, I’m sure the whole school hasn’t heard you.” Mark sarcastically says. Jackson shrugs and is about to do just that…

“Jackson. Seriously?” Jinyoung says at his friend and Jackson smirks.

“I still want my food.”

“Go get it your-.”

“Uh, uh, uh you’re my boyfriend and you do as I say. Remember the bet?” Mark rolls his eyes and clenches his hands. He stands up and goes to get his ‘boyfriend’ his food, not even asking what the younger wants.

“Jackson I don’t like what you’re doing one bit. Give the guy a break.” Jinyoung seriously says.

“I still don’t get why he keeps doing what I ask him to do. He can continue being the way he was.” Jackson says.

“Well that’s because Mark does not go back on his words no matter what.” Bambam says while looking in the direction of his cousin. Jackson follows Bambam’s gaze. He sighs before standing up and leaving the place.

Mark comes back with the tray of food just to see Jackson walking out of the doors.

“Where is he going?” Mark looks at his friends. All of them shrug and shake their heads. “Well then he shouldn’t have sent to get his when he wasn’t even going to eat it. What a jerk.” Mark says not even trying to hide his annoyance. But he still can’t help it but send a worried look towards the doors.

“Do you want a ride home today?” JB asks.

“No I’ll stay back today. I have some research to do in the library. But you can take Bambam home.” Mark says as he sits on his chair, glancing at Jackson’s seat.

“No, I’ll take Bambam home.” Yugyeom says.

“I don’t want to go with you.” Bambam simply says.

“Jinyoung and JB should have some alone time. I’ll take you.” Yugyeom says.

“I ca-.” Youngjae tries to tease the younger but Yugyeom gives him a warning look and he shuts up. The guys laugh at this and Yugyeom smiles as if he’s won something while Bambam whines.

They don’t seem to notice that Mark is in his own little world, busy looking at Jackson’s empty seat.

    _____________________________

Hey guys.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I won't be updating very often because of school but I'll try.
Comment and Vote if you really like it.
Bye :-)