Chapter 1

Louise's POV

The remainder of the house still smelt like smoke as I packed my stuff into a duffle bag. It was moving day for my family after the fire almost burnt down the entire house.

"Honey, we need to get going soon!" my mother shouted to me from outside.

At home it was just me, my two brothers, Arthur and Daniel, Arthur was a year older than me and Daniel was two years younger than me. Dad hasn't been around, not since Daniel was born, so mum has been looking after us on her own for so many years, so it was the four of us.

"Coming Mum!" I called back packing my laptop in my bag, that was one of the few important things that made it through the fire along with my phone.

We all piled into the car with our bags filled and mum drove off to our new house in the countryside.

'New place, new life'. I thought to myself as I stared out the window. The view was stunning, a large lake outstretching next to the road, small trees and bushes flowering in the spring and the sky a beautiful shade of blue.

I was excited to say the least, me and my brothers will be going to a new school and we would be meeting new people, and I have always been a very social person, so I was so excited to make new friends.

-

After a few hours of driving, we arrived at our new house. It was two stories, with the master bedroom down stairs and another four bedrooms upstairs, it had a large kitchen and two bathrooms, one down stairs and one up. The property was over 200 acers of land.

Straight away, my brothers and I ran into the house to claim our rooms, Arthur got the largest room upstairs, and me and Daniel got the same sized rooms and the last room was the smallest which would be turned into a guest room.

There was already furniture in the house, so I flopped down onto the double bed and just took everything in before I unpacked the stuff I had.

After a few minutes, I got up, plugged in my phone and computer into their chargers, and turned on my phone. I had a few texts from my friends in the city telling me good luck and goodbye for now. I became quite emotional when I read all of the messages and I felt a few tears slide down my cheeks.

"Hey sis, do you want to walk down to the road to take a look at the school?" Arthur walked into my room with Daniel trailing behind him.

"Yeah, why not, it'll be fun!" I enthused jumping off my bed and walking out of the house with my brother.

-

The boarding school looked old, like it was built in the seventeenth century. The students were still here, which was strange considering it was the holidays and there was no school for another week.

When we went through the front gate, I got a really bad feeling go through me. I stayed close by my brother's, feeling slightly intimidated by the other students who were roaming the school grounds. They were all so beautiful and elegant, and the way they walked made them look superior to all other people.

As my brothers and I walked through the school, the other students looked at us as if they were interested in us, eager to meet us.

"Pardon me, but you do not look familiar, are you going to be starting school here?" a young girl asked coming up to us. She looked around 14 years old, but talked like she was older than that. She was gorgeous with long brown hair, large dark blue eyes, and she had a small frame but she had curves in all the right places, and she was shorter than average. Overall, she was stunning.

"Yes, we just moved in down the road and we thought we would come check it out, we didn't think anybody would be here" Arthur answered the girl.

"Yes, well, the students live on campus, even in the holidays, but don't worry you are not intruding at all. My name is Jane Waldon and I am one of the student representatives, may I know your names?"

"I'm Arthur; this is my younger sister Louise, and younger brother Daniel." Arthur pointed to Daniel and I and we all shook Jane's hand.

She was very welcoming, much more than the rest of them. Suddenly another boy came up to us behind Jane. "Who are the new comer's sis?" he was as beautiful as Jane with the same eyes but chocolate brown, and his hair was a few shades darker and was cut short, he was tall and built, like those celebrities in superhero movie's.

"Nice to see you too, James, where have you been these holidays?" she turned to the boy who looked same age as Jane.

"Never mind that, who are they?" James nodded towards me and my brothers.

Jane rolled her eyes at her brother and told him who we were. His voice was rough compared to Jane's soft one. Their personalities were so different, but they looked so similar.

"Well, we gotta get going, but it was nice meeting both of you, and I hope to see you in school next week" I said still feeling uneasy and I just wanted to leave.

Arthur, Daniel and I left the school after saying goodbye to Jane and James, and I still had the feeling of unease while walking home.

This is going to be an interesting year.