Please - A Harry Styles Fanfiction

SKARLETS P.O.V.

I stumbled out of bed, knocking my phone off my nightstand.

'Shit', I mumble, picking it up, only to find cracks embedded in the phone's screen. 

I quickly check the time, and it's 8:21, I have 40 minutes before my work shift starts.

I race to get ready, when really, whats the point? My boss is a total dickhead towards me, and no one at work will talk to me. Basically, I'm paid to do chores for a bunch of assholes in hell.

I slide on a pair of skinny jeans and a pain white singlet before brushing my hair up into a bun. I swiftly grab my keys and race out of the door of my apartment.

As I arrive at work, it's packed. Who would honestly pay $5 for a coffee that tastes like dirt and barely warm milk.

I lock my car up and walk into the cafe, squeezing my way through the large crowd. I put my apron on and start serving customers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I walk with a tray full of coffees to a table, a 'kind' gentleman decides to step out in front of me. If he wasn't texting or doing whatever he was doing on his phone, then maybe, just maybe he wouldn't have bumped into me, causing the coffee in his hand, and the coffees on the tray to fall and spill out onto us.

'Great job, dickhead' I sarcastically say, whipping myself off with a paper towel from the table beside me.

'Maybe you should watch where you're going next time, bitch.' 

'Maybe you should pay more attention on where you're walking, and not on your fucking phone.'

Just after I say that, he storms off out of the cafe, leaving me with the mess and the now empty take-away coffee cups.

As I pick up the rubbish, I notice the cup that the mysterious dickhead of a stranger dropped. I picked it up, only to see the name "Harry" written clearly across it. I stare at it for a moment before chucking it onto the tray along with the other rubbish and throwing it out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Hey Skarlet.' 

'Hi Jade.' Jade was my best friend ever since our last year of highschool. She was always a high achiever, and she made it into college, unlike me.

'Listen, I'm having a get together at my house just a few minutes away from the college, would you like to come?'

I'm not usually a big party girl, but tonight was different.

'Sure, why not? It's been a while since we've had a drink together. I'll be there at 8.'

Not long after, we hung up. I wandered over to my closet, clawing through my clothing options. My favourite skinny jeans were in the wash thanks to "Harry", and it was way too cold for a skirt or shorts. I decided to wear a pair of leather looking skinny jeans, and a lime green peplum top. I slipped on my combat boots and grabbed my black hoodie and then I left.

I pulled up into Jade's driveway. Knowing her, she usually throws massive parties, ones that have people passed out on all possible surfaces of the house. But tonight - all you could hear were faint chords from an acoustic guitar and some laughter.

As I knocked on her door, I was greeted by a cute, blonde boy. He he crystal blue eyes that shimmered in the light.

'Jade!' he slurred. 'Someone's 'ere to see ya!'

'Coming!' Jade called from afar. 'Skarlet!' She squealed, before clasping me into a hug. 'Welcome to my new home! This is Niall, whom you have already met, I assume.'

She continued talking while her and Niall led me through the house and out into the backyard, where there were four other guys huddling around a small campfire, all with a beer in their hand.

'Everyone, I would like you to meet my dearest friend, Skarlet.'

All of the boys raised their heads except for one of them. He had a head of dark brown curls. He looked familiar. As he slowly looked up I recognized him.

Harry.