1

"Come on Courtney! Stop being a slow coach!" exclaimed Gemma. It was the first week of the summer holidays and best friends, Courtney and Gemma, were going to a summer fayre. "Im coming. Just slow down the fayre is on till 6 oclock." replied Courtney as she ran to catch up with her best friend. Gemma had straight, dark brown hair that shined in the sun. Also she had hazel eyes. Courtney had bright blue eyes and blonde, curly hair. "Come on we are nearly there!" shouted Gemma and she started to run. Courtney started to run too. "Do we have to run?" asked Courtney. When they got to the fayre both of them were out of breath.

The first stall they went to was the raffle and they won the best prize there. The fayre was on a large park green, there was over a hundred people there and there were many stalls. The girls had spent nearly all of their money when Gemmas mum arrived at the fayre. Gemmas mum took all of the prizes that Courtney and Gemma had won to the car. Then the girls went to the park. On the way to the park they saw a door in the middle of a field but they ignored it. When they got to the park they went straight to the slide. After what seemed like ages Gemma and Courtney went back to the fayre. The door was still in the field. "Gemma shall we go through the door?" asked Courtney. "I don't know." replied Gemma but Courtney opened the door and went through it.