Chapter 15-Finding Out The Truth

I woke up. Brendon's arm was around me, I guess we never moved from last night. I could remember what happened. I lied to him. I could never tell him.

"You awake yet?" Brendon said in a soft tone.

"Yeah just woke up," I replied.

"Ok well I'm going to use the bathroom," Brendon he said whilst getting up.

I quickly got out my phone and messaged Rachel about it. She quickly replied and we had a quick but long conversation. Just then Brendon came back and I threw my phone under my pillow.

"I'm um going to make some breakfast," I said whist rushing downstairs.

Brendon's POV:

Lexi was acting strange. I saw her throw her phone down under her pillow. I don't want to look but something told me she was hiding something so I looked for her phone. She never locked it so I didn't have to do any password guessing.

I started to go up the messages to where it started. I read through them. The most important one was the one where Lexi explained why he lied.

*Rachel I'm serious. I had to lie to Brendon cuz I can't let him find out about Jacob. If he found out I don't know what could happened but I just don't want him to find out. I can keep Jacob a secret and whenever I meet him I'll tell him I'm going out with a friend. Does that sound ok??"*

I stared at the message. She lied. She was too afraid to tell me. But I loved her. I car let her go to some Jacob that I've never seen. Maybe I am a tad overprotective.

Just then Lexi walked back into the room.

" I'm going to hang out with some friends in a bit. Also where's my phone?" I handed her the phone and she ran of to the bathroom to change.