Chapter 5 - Jealousy

Publishing this brings back so many memories! I hope you're enjoying it! Who's your favourite character? Do you want them to be together?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eve kept asking me about Sam all day. It was so clear that she liked him back. I even said, “Do you like him or something?” and she completely ignored me, but not before turning purple in the process as she tried to busy herself with something else. Eve was going to come to my house until 3:30 and then we were going to go to Sarah’s. After school, Sam spotted me and Eve walking away and called us. We turned around and he hugged me tightly, kissing my cheek.

“I’ll see you two at the party.” He said and pressed his forehead to mine, closing his eyes. I didn’t know how to respond as Eve was just stood there like a lemon.

I didn’t really need to worry for long. Suddenly, he clutched me tightly and kissed me for ages. Was he just kissing me for the hell of it? Sometimes I wondered if he did it not for Eve’s sake but because he actually enjoyed it too much and knew he could. He did little soft kisses against the corners of my lips before letting me go. He grinned at Eve then turned on the spot and walking away.

“Okay…” I said, confused, and Eve smiled.

“Sam’s in love.”

“I’ll say.” I looked at her and raised my eyebrows. She didn’t pick up on it though so we walked to my house and talked about something completely different for once. I’d missed not being able to talk to Eve properly and it made me relax when we began talking about things we’d seen on the internet and celebrities we thought were hot. Eve had been so quiet lately and it was good to get her out of her shell for a bit. I knew the reason why she was quiet, hell everyone knew, but I wasn’t about to accuse her of anything. It was exactly what we’d wanted to happen.

            I opened the front door ten minutes later and let ourselves in, leading Eve upstairs to my bedroom after saying a quick hello to my mum, who was downstairs messing about with the dog. She had pulled out a beautiful long dark blue dress when I entered the room and I owed with jealousy. It was gorgeous. It was so small and fitting I wondered if she was actually going to be able to fit in it.

I took my own long red dress out and lay it on the bed. I hadn’t wore it for about half a year, the last time being when I was at a family party and I matched it with a black and red mask. It had fit me beautifully and everyone had complimented me. I even had one of my cousins gawking at me as if he couldn’t believe his younger cousin could look like that. It was amusing being asked to dance in it throughout the night. I’d never had so much attention.

Not that I wanted it now. I just wanted to wear it because I hadn’t wore it in so long and it needed another good night out. Also, I knew it looked great on so I didn’t have to worry about looking a state. My only hope was that it fit properly still.

It obviously still fit like a glove as we both got changed and did our hair. I straightened mine so it hung right down my back then put a red clip in my fringe. Eve made ringlets and placed a small bow on the side whilst I sat at my dressing table and put on make-up; Eyeliner, mascara, foundation, powder, eye-shadow, blusher, lip-gloss and then I added a tiny flick near my eyes. I put on some of my best perfume and then put my black heels on. I twirled and looked in the mirror to inspect my master piece, almost forgetting that Eve was there until I heard her gasp. “You look absolutely beautiful.” 

“So do you.” I replied as I studied her. She had dark blue eye-shadow on and looked amazing. Sam wasn’t going to be able to resist her in that dress. Her body was perfect.