4 - Life

I looked away from the mop of curls and continued with orders, giving Jessica the orders so she could go make the drink, then she would go given it to the person who ordered it, we would switch every so often though.

Before I knew it, Harry was in front of me.

I looked behind him to make sure there was no one there trying to order, but no one was lined up after him. I sighed and looked at him.

"Hey." He did a slight wave.

"Hi." I said.

"What would you like to order?" I asked.

"Well I was actually wondering if I could have you for a bit." He exclaimed.

My eyes widened and I looked at him. He chuckled softly.

"I'm just kidding." He said casually. I slightly laughed and looked back up at him.

"Hey, uh-" He started looking at Jessica.

"Jessica," I whispered.

"Jessica, I need to borrow her for a few." He said. I looked back at Jessica, and she looked stressed.

"Uh no. I need her, we are the only two people that could make it in today so you can wait." She said, taking a harsh breath in.

Harry cleared his throat and looked at me, he jumped over the countertop and glared at Jessica.

My eyes went wide again when I realized Harry put his mouth close to her ear where he was whispering something to her. Her eyes went wide and she gasped looking at Harry, she looked frightened. She nodded at me to go with him and I saw a tear prick at her eyelid.

What did he say to her?

He took my hand and walked to a booth, "What the hell was all that about?" I asked.

"None of your business." He said, he sounded pretty pissed off and I took it as a signal to shut up.

"Now, I know that we've only just met, and I've been all friendly. But we need to cut all connections so we never get into contact." I looked at him confusingly.

"What?" I said.

"We need to stop talking, when I was texting you I realized something, and I'm just going to get you hurt by it."

This was it, he wanted to forget me like everyone else. He was my only friend and here he goes, wanting to forget me.

"But-" I said.

"Eden! I've only known you for two days! Just get over it!" With that he stood up out of the booth and walked out of the shop.

I looked around to see everyone's eyes on me, and Jessica with her mouth open. She seemed to be tearing up, and she told me that I should leave and take the rest of the day off.

I agreed with her and walked out the door, I got in my car and looked at my phone. No new notifications. I started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot and sped off to my house.

---

When I got home, I saw there was four cars parked at Harry's driveway. Maybe he was having a party?

---

Harry's POV.

As Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Louis indulged in a conversation. I thought about Eden. I know I shouldn't be, but I had to. She couldn't be seen with me or the boys would have killed her.

Well, as long as they were to get pass me. Which wouldn't be happening.

We were part of a gang, called the Styles. Yes, my last name because I ran the gang.

My life was just to dangerous for Eden, and that's why I tried to push her out of it with no regret.