@seventhstar

What type of graphics do you make, and which type is your favorite?

I make a lot of graphics, ranging from book covers to promotional ad, website banners, photomanipulations, CD album covers and sometimes weird digital painting. My favorite is covers, obviously because they have such a great variety to them!

How long have you been designing graphics?

Before I started digital art, I was a traditional artist. I paint, I sketch and I draw manga! Then, I discovered pixlr in December 2014, got Photoshop in March 2015 so counting from the time I got Photoshop, it has been a few months and a year.

How did you start?

I started when I stumbled upon the mdc of Wattpad. I was a newbie to the orange world then. I was amazed how people managed to put two pictures together and make them look beautiful and of course, being me, I just need to find out how! I placed an advert in the mdc (back then such threads were allowed) asking for a graphic teacher. The fabulous @slyly- responded and gave me a quick livestreams and skype chat teaching me the basics of pixlr. Then, when I got photoshop, the stunning @Smilies aka @TrafficCop also livestreamed and taught me the basics of photoshop. From there, I learned everything by myself ( not a fan of video tutorials, they're too long and draggy). Basically everything I learned is through trial and error and dissecting graphics.

What is your favorite part about graphic design?

There is no limit to what you can do and what you can dream of! Everything is possible in graphic design. You can change a normal person into an angel, or to a battle goddess, it's all in your power!

Where do you get your inspiration?

Right now my favorite designers are Sam Green, Jen Wang, Richard Deas, Carlos Quevedo, Lingdum, Blathiel and the goddamn talented Sakimi ( wai u so talented). Mostly my inspiration are from fantasy, adventure and scifi themed book covers ( the kind you see in bookstores) and they're all pinned to my pinned board on pinterest (it's a private board, sorry, because the sheer number of repins I get is insane). And then there is DeviantArt! I cry every time I go on there.

How long does a graphic typically take you?

Hum...covers I guess it could be between 30 mins to days? It depends on inspiration. Photomanipulations typically take up a minimum of 5 hours.

What advice would you give aspiring designers?

Don't give up, just keep swimming and know that there aren't someone who is the "best" out there, you only get better as you try and try!

A fun fact about yourself: 

I'm secretly a dragon.