Chapter 2

"Guys! No PDA in front of the girl facing relationship issues. Okay?" I said, seeing that their love and affection towards one another right now was just gross for me. That was my cousin after all.

"Sorry!" Bhaji claimed as Saloni sat beside him.

"How's wedding planning going Sal?" I sat up on the couch with my legs crossed Indian style. Well, it wasn't really Indian style for me since I am Indian. But you get the point. I reached for the pizza box and grabbed myself the biggest slice I could find. I was dealing with what could possibly be a heartbreak so I deserved a big slice of extra cheesy pizza.

"Amazing! We have so much done. I'm so excited. Only a few more weeks till I become Mrs. Saloni Dhruv Singh. Isn't that amazing?" She reached out for a pizza slice as well.

"That is amazing." I rolled my eyes. Just last night she was crying on the phone about the 3 pounds she gained and today, she brought extra cheesy pizza for dinner.

"Hey! Don't sure me that attitude. I got the pizza for you but I'm hungry." She explained her choice of dinner. Bhaji was tuned out of our conversation when he turned on the basketball game on TV. "Simi, tell me what happened now."

"Nothing happened." I claimed with a sign.

"Something happened Sim. We're not stupid. We can see that you've had a miserable day." Bhaji said with his eyes still glued to the tv and pizza in his hand, just millimetres away from his mouth.

"No Bhaji. I made nothing happened. Like nothing at all." Bhaji was too distracted to understand what I meant. But thankfully, he wasn't my only best friend.

"Like nothing? No text? No call? No seeing you?" Sal asked in a bit of a shock.

"Nope!" I flopped back down onto the couch and a sign.

"Simi! You need to get rid of him. I don't like him one bit. He's immature, not serious about his life, and he treats you like crap." Bhaji has always hated Raj.

"Bhaji, I know what you mean but, you guys need to understand his point of view too. He's been through a lot in life and just needs some time to push at his goals." I honestly don't know why I stand up for him sometimes, especially when he treats me like this.

"Come on man! Stop taking his side. You need to be a little selfish here. He hasn't bothered to contact you in days. He can't be busy. He works as a security guard who's on his phone all day. He could spare a few seconds to send a text or give you a call. And what excuse are you giving yourself for the way he's been treating you?" Sal snapped.

It was moments like this and late at night when I'm having trouble sleeping that get to me the most. I really did like him. He was an amazing guy when I first met him. Things are just different now.

"You know he's been through a lot of stuff. With family and his parents and school and his health. He just needs his time and I don't want to invade his space or anything. He just tends to treat me like that when he's not in the right mindset." I explained again.

"Simi listen. You're 26 years old. You've always planned on being married and having a kid before you turned 28. By the age of 30, you want two kids and a puppy. This guy is 30 now. If he can't get his act together now, what are the chances of him doing better for time, especially according to your plans." Bhaji said. I'm quite surprised that he's attention is divided equally with our conversation and the game. Usually he just tunes out everything when the ball drops.

"I'll talk to him soon. I promise. I just don't want to be annoying him, that's all." Deep inside, I know I felt bad for myself. I wasn't like this. I had a lot more self-respect for myself. I didn't ever let guys play with my feelings. I was always standing up for myself. I was a confident person when in a relationship. It wasn't until a few months ago that I had turned into this pushover. I don't understand what happened and I don't know how to help myself either. For once, I understand the pain that some of my writers talk about in their articles.