Chapter. 4

Cadence looked at the tall pony, listening to every word she said. The tall pony revealed a smile as she continued.

"A young pony, fell down through our entrance. Her coat was white, and her hair had a beautiful shade of the rainbow. It was almost as if it glittered. She was an alicorn, which I recall to be quite rare."

Cadence felt a chill down her spine. The pony that was described seemed so familiar to her. Yet, she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"The pony called herself Alice, and she was so brave that she was able to get The Heart of the Red Queen. It's a small heart-shaped pendant, that has been passed on to her by her parents. Or stolen from her parents, to be accurate. Alice was able to wield the power of the pendant to break the curse. Everything was good, and everyone was happy. But one day, she disappeared, and no one ever saw her again..." The mare looked down, in sadness. Sweetie Belle put her hoof upon hers, to try and cheer her up, before turning her attention to Cadence.

"We believe that you are the new Alice. You have to help us! You are the only one who can break that curse!" Cadence sighed. "Sweetie Belle... You need to understand. I want help you guys. But I'm not Alice. I'm Cadence." Sweetie belle bit her lip, as if she was trying to hold back her tears. "A-Alice, please...!" "I'm not Alice!"

The tall pony sighed, and put her hoof in front of Sweetie Belle. "Sweetie Belle, we can't force her to believe in this. And we can't force her to help us." She turned her gaze at Cadence. "But please know that if you change your mind, we would be more that happy to help you." Cadence nodded slightly. "I... I'm going home..." She turned away from the two ponies, and left.

But where was home? She had nowhere to go. She had no one to go to. As she looked around, she felt more and more lost. She had ventured into the woods, but didn't notice it at first. On a huge tree, was a sign, that read -Everfree Forest-. A light chuckle came out of no where. Cadence quickly turned around, trying to find where the chuckle came from. "Wh-who's there..!?" Her question was answered with another chuckle.

"Well well well... Who do we have here?" A deep, male voice continued. 

"I-I'm not afraid... Show yourself!" She hesitated with the statement.

In front of her, an odd creature appeared. He seemed to be composed by all kinds of different animals. Cadence couldn't help but stare at the animal. 

"What? Never seen a draconequus before?" He chuckled. Cadence shared her head slightly.

"Fair enough. But I must say... Aren't you a little old to be an Alice?" Candace looked slightly annoyed.  "I'm not Alice! My name is Cadence! Now leave me alone!" She used her hoof to shoo him away.

"Feisty aren't we? Well of course you name isn't Alice. I don't think we've had an Alice named Alice before... Except for the first one"

Cadence raised an eyebrow. "I thought there had only been one Alice here before?"

"Oh there has." The odd creature revealed a smirk, causing Cadence to frown, before rolling her eyes. "That's it, I'm out for good!"

She turned to leave, and started walking into a random direction. She could hear the creature following her. She gritted her teeth a little, but was relieved to see the exit in the woods. She ran towards it, hoping to leave the draconequus behind. She stopped at the exit, only to see a long table, with broken tea-pots and tea-cups. "W-what... what happened here?"