Chapter 3: The Entrance Exam?

That voice gave me a chill down my spine and after seeing half the crowd unconscious I felt weird.

The person came out of the door. It was a middle-aged woman wearing a lab coat on top of her casual wear. She also wore glasses which made her look more like a doctor. Her way of walking was very stylish, almost as if she owned the place and we were just her slaves. She started descending from the steps and with each step she took the sky got darker and darker. She was emitting this extremely dense aura with a killing intent.

I stepped back and could feel the fear building inside me. Emily hid behind me and tugged on my shirt. I felt as though I wanted to protect her no matter what. She then glared directly towards me and said with a condescending speech, "So you're the Pendragon brat. You don't look like much."

I couldn't stand eating those insults so I glared back. She laughed and said, "I like those eyes. Anyways, I am the teacher in charge of your entrance examination. My name is Elena. I am second to the principal in this academy. You better take me seriously." What? Second to grandfather!

"So, the qualifications for entering the academy are for you to withstand five of my large scale blows. If you are still standing after taking them, you are admitted. If not, well, you will never set foot in this academy again! As for those who are already unconscious, they have all failed." She said.

I gulped and got myself ready. Emily on the other hand engulfed her body with the dark flames of her element which was Fire. She used dragon arts to strengthen her power.

Ms.Elena then slashed the air and a distorted gap opened where she put her hand in and drew out a thin and long sword called a rapier. She chanted, "Pure water heal all worries, banish all traitors and vanquish all hatred! Spell 10: Pure Water Dragon!"

The clouds came down, getting absorbed into her sword as if she was sucking it all away. Her sword darkened. She then pointed her sword up in the air and from the tip came a huge dragon which stared at us. It then came down at us with extreme speed.

I knew that if it hit Emily, her fire wouldn't withstand the water. To save her I crouched and with my lightning charged feet jumped high up in the air to divert the dragons attention to me and the plan worked like a charm. It followed me up and opened it's mouth. I dispelled my energy and let it swallow me. Ms.Elena followed up with, "Hmph! Such a pity, I thought he would be smarter. Wait what?!" While inside, I used one my own moves called Flash Bang where I created a force field using my lightning inside the dragon which caused it to burst apart.

"I never thought you would beat my dragon so easily. Now let me test your endurance." Ms. Elena said with an excited tone. She begun chanting again, "The cold netherworld share your strength with me for thou shall bring down this mighty terror! Spell 13: Nether Blizzard!" She held her hand out in front of us and from the centre of her palm came a ferocious Blizzard engulfing the whole driveway including every student.

I started giving out shockwaves of my lightning sparks which cast away all the ice shards and snow. On the other hand Emily's fire was too much for the ice and snow. The moment a shard came flying towards her it melted before even reaching her. I was only worried about the rest of the kids. The blizzard eventually calmed down.

When the mist cleared the driveway was completely frozen and twenty of the other individuals were suffering from frost bites. There were five of us left.

One of the students caught my eye. He was standing there as if nothing had happened to him. Comparing him to the others who were breathing heavily, he must have been something special. I must keep an eye out for him. He was wearing full body armament in the colours of purple, black and golden with a huge sword attached on his back. His long hair could be seen coming out of his helmet.