Chapter 1: Good Morning, Tonight you are going to die

A/N: I do not own any of the Percy Jackson characters. All right go to Rick Riordan.

This is a re-write of my previous story The Daughter of All. Some events may change from the original but most should stay the same. Alright, let's get started!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|Chapter 1: Skylar's P.O.V|

I'm sick of running. That's all I've ever done my entire life. I've run from the pain, from the truth, but mostly from my past.

Running was my coping mechanism. When life threw me into a situation I don't want to be in, my first instinct was to make a break for it. It didn't bother me once, until now.

Now I was running for my life and I knew there was no way to escape my impending doom.

How'd this happen? That's a great question that I too would love to have answered. All I know is that I was in the car with a Social Worker on my way to another foster home down in Long Island in the middle of the night when she went all kill the kid crazy.

And now here I was, fleeing for my life near a bunch of strawberry fields and a forest.

This had to be a joke. It was the only explainable answer to this madness. There is no such thing as a real life monster. It was lie.

But I was lying to myself. This was real life and that monster chasing me was very real.

I learned that the hard way. It was only until I was attacked when I realized my fault.

I wasn't so foolish as to stop and wait for it to come and get me. Real or not, that thing was frightening.

After a good seven minutes of me running and dodging minor attacks, my body began to slow down, making me a much easier target to pick off.

Too bad the monster wasn't stupid enough to not figure that out. Before I knew it, I felt a stinging pain slash against my arm.

The pain was replaced by the warm sensation of blood flowing down my limb.

I turned sharply to face the beast. I wasn't going down without a fight. It either was I kill it or I die trying.

I got in a cliché fighting stance, hoping by some miracle I'd have the strength to do damage to this thing.

The thing still looked slightly like the Social Worker, only about 10x uglier. That and she had dry skin and bat wings. She snarled at me, making my skin crawl.

"You reallllllllllllllllly think you can destroooy me?"

Her voice chilled me to the bone but I managed to speak up clearly, as if I was unafraid of her. Only deep down, I was a child, shaking in fear.

"Give me your best shot."

It lunged at me with full force.

And I wasn't prepared for that.

I was thrown against a tree, hitting it and falling to the ground with a huge thud. My mind swirled while black spots danced in my vision. I clumsily was able to pick myself up but the thing was coming at me again.