First Glance

I stepped into the school with my bag slung over my right shoulder. I trudged past the students as they parted for me. They all thought I was a monster so what was the point of making them think differently. I arrived at my locker and quickly unlocked it. I heard a chirpy voice walk by and stop next to me. My stomach turned. Phil. Phil was the happy one at school. School positivity and such. Always friends with everyone, selfless if you will. People might think that I have no soul. And it's okay that way. The less people who care about you, the less will hurt when you die. Then there's Phil. I want him to care. I feel like he'd understand me. If his idiotic mates didn't tell him rumors about me.

I turned to look at him. My heart stopped. He was looking at me too. His beautiful blue eyes cutting through my soul. His raven hair swooped into a perfected fringe. His pale arms in which I wanted to cuddle in. Then he smiled, his tongue poking out. I swiftly turned away and focused on my items I needed for class.
-------
I sat down in social studies and waited for class to start, wasting time by aimlessly scrolling on tumblr. I looked up when Ms. Bell started a new lesson. No one was sitting around me, probably too scared which was typical. I looked around for Phil wanting to see him even if he never saw me. He wasn't there. He wasn't in class. He's never late. Then I felt it. A punch. A kick. Pain. Not my pain though. It was Phils. I needed to help him.
Quickly.

The last time I felt this much of his pain was when he was getting beat up by jocks calling him a faggot and far worse. When I got there he was already beaten to a pulp and lucky to even be breathing. I can't let that happen again.

I would raise my hand and ask for the bathroom or something but why does it matter? I jumped up and sprinted out of the room. I continued outside where I closed my eyes and concentrated. I felt my palms bring themselves up and down, trying to find him. Then I felt it, a pull in the west direction. I ran, I ran faster than I think I ever had.