Chapter Two

Elle POV

No. This can't be happening.

I trudge into my room and shove my black boots into my closet, throwing my olive green jacket onto the floor.

I sit onto my floral, queen bed and fold my legs under me as I open my laptop.

I sigh as my laptop won't turn on, my cheap father won't buy me a new one.

After many attempts, my laptop clicks on after loading past the annoying startup stage.

Rolling my eyes, I go to ask.fm and check my inbox. Just as I thought, messages of hate flood my inbox.

I check my phone almost instinctively and prepare my eyes for the upcoming messages. Putting my messy blonde hair into a bun, I lay down on the soft pillows adorning my bed, kicking my feet into the air.

My eyes flutter as I scroll past the messages.

"Anorexic freak."

"Attention whore."

Those are just to name a few, and my eyes are already flood with tears.

One rumor, one little rumor changed everything. I silently shake and look through my dirty window, watching the children and cars zoom by in the fading afternoon daylight.

"Why me?" I whisper to them.

"Why me?" I repeat, a little louder.

I cough of exhaustion and anger grows towards myself for being so naïve. Wiping my mascara-streaked face, I close my laptop and throw it under my bed. Sitting in a heap on my bed, my body feels numb.

I hadn't even done anything.

Why me, why am I the victim of their torture? All I did was break up with him..

Jeremy. My boyfriend - or, now ex-boyfriend. After months of his physical and emotional abuse, my limits were pushed and he was officially dumped. Unknowingly, Jeremy strung me along and took advantage of my innocence, capturing all trust that I had in anyone. But with him being the jock of the school and I as a quiet actress, his intentions towards me were quickly super-sized, leaving me torn and broken.

I sigh a breath of defeat, slouching against my soft pillows and looking out my dusty bedroom windows. Grabbing my phone once again, I pull my best friends number on the screen and press the dial button.

On the first ring, her voice chirps through the small cellphone speaker.

"Hey girl hey!" Megan singsongs.

I stifle a laugh, immediately feeling better. "Hey Megs. How was the party?"

I can almost feel her roll her eyes at my question.

"Brutal. Absolutely brutal. Who knew so many old people were able to dance in wheelchairs? Seriously, I almost fell asleep right in the middle of the dance floor." She trailed off, leaving me laughing hysterically through line.

"That's hilarious.." I trail, motivation lacking in my exhausted voice. I suppress a yawn and flip over to my stomach.

"Elle, what's wrong?" Worry immediately adorns my best friends voice and guilt slightly twinges in my brain.

"No, nothing. I'm fine." I lie.

"You're not fine."

"You know me too well."

"It's Jeremy, isn't it?" She pushes.

I sigh. "You have no idea."