Revenge

Chapter 3: Revenge

I'm woken up by my mother placing her hand on my face. My eyes flutter open and I view her staring down at me. Her eye still swollen and red, as her face changes to scared to relief.

"Oh baby, you had the worst nightmare, and you wouldn't wake up," she cries. I don't say anything, still tired, and upset to have been woken up so quickly. My head pounding, I start blinking a whole lot then looking around to see my sister spying in the doorway. She's tired looking and her hairs a mess. She noticed I saw her and she runs up to us, standing beside my mom on the bed, holding her leg.

"Chase, you scared me. Are you alright?" She asks. I now have the ablility to smile, now that she is here.

"Katharine, I'm fine. I really don't know what you guys are talking about, I didn't dream."

"That doesn't explain why you were sweating insanely, and yelling," my mother stops, then takes a breath. She looks down at Katharine and tightens her eyes. I stare at her, confused but also worried. I was yelling? I don't even remember dreaming last night about anything. Everything's a blur about last night, I don't remember anything.

"How's your eye?" I ask my mom, just forgetting about what apparently happened last night. Like, they don't need to worry if I'm sweating at night, I'm a dude, guys sweat, all the time. My mom looks down at me, then back down at Katharine, as Katharine looks up at her, waiting for an answer, as well as me.

"It's fine, Chase."

__________________________________________________________________

At school, I walk up to my locker, I stop and see Annie sitting next to my locker, with her knees to her chest and her hands in the pockets of a small, fall jacket. Her hair all up, in a high ponytail. She seems to be sleeping, or she just has her eyes closed, so she doesn't know I'm standing five feet away from her. I just stand there, completely confused. Should I go up to her and say hi? Or just go to my locker without saying anything?

"Uh, hi?" I say, really not sure if I should have said it like that. She opens her eyes and looks at me, a smile lights up on her face as she picks herself up.

"Hey you, you don't walk to school? I was going to walk with you, but when I knocked on your door, your dad said you got a ride." She smiles. Her eyes have found a way into my soul as she stays looking at me, I know this look, my grandma used to give it to me all the time. It was 'are you okay? Don't lie to me' look. I look at her funny then I walk over to her, and grab my lock.

"Yeah," I say. "I drive every morning cause' my sister isn't allowed to walk to school alone." I look away from her to enter my lock combination as I swing open my locker door as she goes to lean on it.

"Oh, cool, how old's-"

"My sister? She's six," I laugh.

She laughs also. "I have a sister too! She's seven."

"Oh, cool," I smile. I would actually like to consider her as a friend, which is kind of, sort of bad since she stole my sisters looks. See, like I said before, I don't like people in the first place, so this is weird for me. I grab my books off the shelf and grab my sketch book, then give Annie a look to get her to move off my locker door. She moves and I close it.

"Where we off to?" She says with excitement in her voice.

I give a small chuckle. "To your locker."

After going to her locker, we enter the science room and people stare at us like we just robbed a bank. They all sit on the top of their desks, socializing where it was loud enough to hear down the hall; yet all silence rises as we arrive.