chapter eight

dan couldn't find out why he was perturbed at what phil had done, after all it was just one training session that probably would've consisted of dan just getting anxious at phil's clumsiness with the costumers groceries. followed by dan abruptly stepping in to take charge of the transaction.

dan found himself criticizing his actions, he was clearly overreacting. he was just being stupid, phil probably had way more important things to do than to be training with dan. it isn't his fault dan doesn't have proper human friendships to occupy and distract him from getting worked up over minuscule things like this.

but this wasn't minuscule was it? it couldn't be, this was training for phil to have a job. dan was getting no gain from this, he was secure, job wise. dan was employed, phil was not.

which means phil was at the mercy of dan, and doing such a disrespectful such as not showing up for their training session was enough for him to scold phil.

"i could've went home early and cleaned," dan grumbled as he began setting up one of the cash registers. "but noo i had to train mr. phillip. but what did mr. phillip do? not show up, i really do not know how far he's thinking he'll advance as an employee with such poor work ethic."

dan was complaining, everything he said was apart of a run on sentence.

as he was putting the money in the register he was clearly aggravated at having to count so many coins, "who the fuck needs this much of literally anything let alone coins? what are we pirates." dan was grunting around as he began putting the coins in their respective places, the coins hitting each other and making that little 'ching' noise.

dan being dan though, clumsily dropped a few of the coins. his short fuse was lit seconds after apparently as he began yelling around. "oh my god nobody even likes coins anyway ya' assholes," he began picking up the coins, tossing them onto the conveyor belt. "r.i.p the next fool that comes through those doors expecting to get correct change back. because oh hell no they aren't."

once dan had picked up all the coins he began angrily placing them into the drawer. "i'll liquify you rejected tin men myself just watch me." he forcefully shut the drawer shut, upon doing that he heard change shake and most likely scatter around the drawer. all he could do was sigh though as he knew he brought whatever chaos that happened in there upon himself.

"jeez i'd hate to see what kind of treatment the paper money gets," dan jumped slightly at the unexpected presence and before he could register anything the boy began talking again. "i don't think it can stand up like that copper and nickel." he told dan with a laugh.

although it did take a dan moment he did clearly know this boy, it was pj, which surprisingly calmed dan's nerves. at least it wasn't a stranger.

"oh gah, it's you." dan sighed, relieved he didn't have to have another confrontation, although he was a tad embarrassed as he wasn't sure how much of his outburst pj had seen.

"well don't get too excited now, man i don't need to get a big head or anything. keep me humble." he joked, "oh no no, it's nice to see you, oddly." dan said trying to make his actions seem less annoyed with pj's presence, but his words only seemed to make that worse.

pj took it positively though as he just gave dan a smile, "why is it nice to see me though? i don't ever hear that, is something up?" he asked. seeming to be genuinely interested in how dan was doing.