Chapter 2

Do you know when you have that dream when you are falling off a building? Well, I'm having that exact same dream. I starred at a baby girl in this box with two holes and she is connected to a whole bunch of machines with all these different types of wires. I can't believe that this was all my fault. Where is the handsome doctor when you need him to stop you from doing some crazy shit? I walked towards my moms room hoping that she won't be mad at me. When I entered, my dad, my mom, and Max were discussing something.

"Hey" I said, walking in slowly.

They didn't say anything. I stood at the door and didn't move.

"So," I said.

"I'm naming the child Veronica" My mom said, serious.

"That's a pretty name" I said, weirdly.

They started whispering to each other and I walked up and down the hospital room.

"Okay! I get it! I made a mistake! But you don't have to ignore that I'm even here! If you guys want privacy so bad, I'll just go" I yelled, walking out and slamming the door.

"Hey, calm down" Zach said, running up behind me.

I stopped walking and looked down at my feet. Suddenly the loud speaker went off.

"Emergency. We are under lock down. Code red. I repeat-" That's when Zach grabbed me and pushed me into a janitor closet.

He locked the door and turned off the light. I sat on the ground and my phone vibrated.

"Don't answer" He whispered.

"Why?" I whispered back.

"They can trace the messages going in and out of this building"

"Okay, then let's get out"

"Are you crazy?" He whisper-yelled.

"No, so let's go" I smiled.

"You are crazy"

"Do you trust me?" I asked.

He looked around then at me.

"Let's go"

I grabbed his hand and we stood up. I slowly opened the door and looked around. The halls were empty with an exit door on the left. Suddenly, security ran down the hall, but they didn't see us. I walked still holding his hand. We ran towards the emergency exit and I pushed opened the door then we were at the back alley. We walked together holding hands, when his phone buzzed.

"Are you going to answer that?" I asked.

"No, I have a lot of problems and I'll like to enjoy the moment" He said, looking at me.

"I know this expensive restaurant-"

"Stop. I don't like fancy things, I like casual things. I know this pizza place you are going to love"

"Why am I going to love it?" I asked.

"Because you have fancy in your blood and that is not normal" He said.

"Well if I'm going to be normal, I need a disguise. Come on"

***

I had mint hair and gray eyes. I smiled at Zach.

"You are still pretty" He said, grabbing my hand.

"Thanks Blake" I yelled back.

"That's Linguini's Pizza" He said, pointing across the street.