1

When I first met Blake Collins we weren't in love.
In the hot, late summer air his ice blue eyes didn't give me goosebumps, when we first talked I wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more.
So therefore, this isn't a love story.
In truth it's probably just going to sound crazy.
But it was us.

I remember the day he walked into my kitchen, his hair the color of dark chocolate was slightly disheveled, and he had a leather jacket, slightly worn. In the moment we didn't have much interest in each other, but then again he was here with Emma.

Growing up with a twin isn't always easy. You'd think it'd be amazing having a best friend so close, and don't get me wrong, it is...but it's also very complicated. It could be worse...we could be identical. God, I would hate that.

Emma pulled her dark brown locks up into a high ponytail then going to grab Blake's hand when a short distraction interrupted. Immediately said distraction ran into the arms of Blake not caring who he was or what he was here for.

My younger sister of five years old, Alexis, never failed to get attention. She loved everybody and cared only about the fact that everybody loved her. Alexis and I were close...always had been and I knew immediately she wasn't going to give Blake up.

Eventually Emma pulled him away and they went and did who knows what but Alexis wasn't going to leave him alone. I don't really remember much else from that day other than before Blake walked out the door he made a promise to Alexis. A promise that stated he'd be back.

||

Sure enough Blake Collins was back the next day, probably clueless that Emma had spent the night with another guy. In one hand he had a box of cookies and the other he held out for me to shake. "Blake Collins," he introduced with a warm smile as Lexi ran up to give him the biggest hug she could. "Alaska," I responded, smiling and  ignoring his hand as I'm not one to do so.

Alexis took him by the hand and dragged him up the stairs and into her lavender painted room. "Laska, come onnnnn," Lexi yelled to me from the top of the staircase. When I arrived in Alexis's room her and Blake were situated across each other on the floor, going through the different types of cookies in the box. I sat on the bed and looked off outside of the window.

"Laska?" A voice cuts through my thoughts.
"Hmm?" I turned back to the two on the floor, having been too distracted to know who was talking to me.
"What kind of cookies do you like?" Blake questioned me as Alexis shoved more and more cookies into her mouth.
"Um, I'm fine."
"Come on, what kind of person doesn't like cookies?" He continued, laughing lightly.
"I don't dislike cookies, I'm just not going to take cookies from a stranger. You could be a drug dealer for all I know," I replied, a laugh escaping my lips.
"Darling, you know I'm not going to give drugs to a five year old," Blake Collins rolled his eyes but I could see jib suppressing a smile.
"Guys, look at me!" Alexis cut in, however her speech was altered as she had maybe six cookies in her mouth.
"Lexi, that's way too much sugar for you. No more, okay?" A sigh escaped my lips as I looked over at Blake to see if he got the message.
Clearly he didn't.
And that's how I ended up on the floor with a five year old and somebody I barely knew tickling me.

||||

Sorry guys, I'm not quite a writer, but the story improves, I promise. I thank you to one of my wonderful best friends, Emma, for helping with the whole story! Thanks so much, loves!

-Em