p r o l o g u e

Start: 6/20/17
End:

Disclaimer: I'll just get this out of the way before we start this treacherous story. It's filled with mischief, snarks, and quite possibly regret, so buckle up for this bumpy ride.

Picture this.

It's senior year. I've made it three years without physically ripping my hair out.

It's the first week of school, and everyone's talking about the mysterious boy that just enrolled this year. Every girl is already ready to open their legs wide for this guy. Like, they probably have never met the guy or seen him, but one word that he might be hot will send girls flying! Yeah, well not me. See, I'm not exactly the type of girl who boys like to thrust themselves toward. I might have friends that look like Gods, but that doesn't mean I'm an easy girl. That really doesn't make sense at all, but ah, whatever, you get my point.

I haven't even seen the guy yet and I've already been hearing the craziest rumors about him! For instance, I heard from a source that he eats nails for breakfast and drinks toxic waste to wash it down. Okay, that's a little extreme, but I have heard that he was put in holding after assaulting a guy in an alleyway once. That definitely sounds more believable.

Even though girls are talking about how hot he is, I heard he had dark brooding eyes, hair that goes all the way down to his waist, and the face of a maniac. That definitely won't be heard to miss.

So, with all this information, and without further ado, let's get started on the crazy ride that is my senior year. And to think, it all started with the new mysterious bad boy that lurked the halls of Springfield High.

And there he was. Haunting blue eyes staring straight at me. It sent shivers down my spine that I didn't dare stare for more than five seconds. As if time resumed what was frozen in time, I quickly looked away and focused on what my best friend was saying.

"He pulled another goddamn prank on me again!" My best friend shrieked, thrashing her hands about as she spoke.

"I thought that when I put ten live lobsters in his room that it would be the end of it, but nooo!!"

It's not a lie if I say that I wasn't really paying attention to her words because I wasn't. I was paying attention to the eyes that were zoning on me just a few seconds ago. It was haunting, endearing, and fierce.

It made me feel awkward and want to wiggle my body like a worm.

Even though his stare made me feel that way, I  had to catch another glance at the face of a boy I've never seen before. His stare had not faltered once. Who was the person boring his eyes into mine? He must be new.

I was soon snapped out of trance when Jessica shook my shoulders, making my eyes thrust up at her again.

"Beth, are you even listening?" She asked frantically. I shook my head honestly and gave her an apologetic smile.

"Sorry?" I laughed nervously and fiddled with the dead ends of my hair absentmindedly. The wrath of Jessica Paterson is dreadful if you don't pay attention to her constant ramblings.

She groaned and took her hands off of me.

"Just find a way for me to get back at Jason!" Her eyebrows furrowed together as she thought about her twin. I laughed and leaned against my locker.

"So what did he do to you again?" I cocked a curious eyebrow, ready for her to explode in loud rambles about her constant prank battles with her twin.