Disclaimer +

Blurb

Beau Davis, lead singer of Satellite, is a cocky son of a bitch; famous for his rugged image and that song you hear on the radio every five seconds. He's the type of musician everyone wants to party with but no one takes seriously.

Lola Phillips, aspiring musician, is that humble local singer you find in the coffee shop; the farthest from famous a person could ever be. She's the type of musician that needs to be taken seriously if she ever wants to be somebody.

When Lola enters Fueled By Ramen's songwriting contest, where the grand prize is a chance to help produce an album with a signed musician, there's no telling who she might meet.

---------------

About DKLA

This story was originally posted in a switching first-person point of view but has been changed into a third person point of view as of 18 Jul 2016. Thank you for understanding.

The idea behind this story is inspired by Troye Sivan's song "DKLA (Don't Keep Love Around)" off of his debut album "Blue Neighbourhood." There is something about "DKLA" that got me thinking of how the people who we think have it all -celebrities- miss out on some of the most important things in life; childhood, true love, having a family, the list goes on. However, as I kept thinking about it, I realized that there are "normal" people who also miss out on the same important things in life. The idea that one person who has it all and one person who doesn't could potentially come together and fill the missing pieces is what made me want to write this.

So, without further ado, this is a story in which two people from opposite, yet identical, worlds become one.

----------------

Disclaimer

Don't Keep Love Around (DKLA) is a work of pure fiction created by my mind and my mind alone. All rights involving this work, excluding the rights to the cover image (the original unedited image belongs to unexist on tumblr), are to be held in sole possession of me; digitalunderground, Tyler Moon. The republishing or reproduction of this work by anyone without right or permission from me is illegal under copyright law.

All characters in this story have no real relation to their celebrity counterparts; these counterparts are only meant as a visual aide to this work. Any resemblance to these counterparts, aside from the former, are merely a coincidence.

DKLA is rated PG-13 but does have some mature themes and adult language. If any of the ideas presented in this story are offensive to you, it is not my intention to offend you and I am sorry.

Copyright © 2016 by digitalunderground, Tyler Moon
All Rights Reserved.

---------------

Details

Started: 7 Jul 2016

Finished: To Be Determined

---------------

Author's Note

Hey there,

Thank you so much for bothering to click on my story. This isn't my first one here on Wattpad but it is my first that isn't a fanfic. I've wanted to branch out for so long; it's very important to me that my writing is more than just a celebrity face. Writing is my passion- I put making music on the shelf for it so I need what I do here to be authentic. What I do with this story and possibly the stories to come is going to determine whether or not I really want to pursue being an author as a career. This is sort of my break out story.

Author's notes aren't my thing so if you see one, know that it's probably really important. Also if I disappear or stop updating for a while please pm me or write on my message board to keep me on track.

All of your support is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any comments or votes you may choose to give. You're a gem.

Sincerely,

Tyler