Chapter One

Emilie POV

It was Tuesday morning when I woke up to blaring Linkin Park tracks. It had been the same since Damien moved in, he was sadly an early bird where as I wasn’t.  As I rolled out of bed I put on my fuzzy slippers and make my bed before heading to the washroom. After the usual routine, I put on basketball shorts and a tank top to get ready for my morning run.

‘DAMIEN, IM GOING FOR MY RUN, I’LL BEE HOME IN 30!’ I yelled.

‘OKAY HURRY BACK IM HUNGRY!’ he yelled back at me.

By then I was already out the door.

****

‘IM HOME’ I said as I walked through the front door.

‘IM HUNGRY’ Damien screamed back at me.

Ugh, it’s been the same thing since my parents left, it’s like I’m the maid and he is the king.

After I made our breakfast and showered. I pulled on blue and white shorts and a white t-shirt with bright blue converses. As I ran to the kitchen, I bump into Damien. He was wearing camouflage colored shorts and a black v-neck. It still takes my breath away. Although, his attitude tends to make me repel most of the time.

‘Morning Emilie how was the run?’ he asked.

‘Morning, and it was ok, it’s nice outside.’ I replied.

And that’s all the conversation we had in the mornings.

*****

 It has been a week since my parents left. Damien believe it or not was really popular. He had the looks, the brain, and the personality. People asked if we were family, friends, even if we were a couple. Damien even got the attention of the queen bee of the school. Ashley Mathews, she was the typical popular girl at school. She was the daughter of the principal, she had horrible marks, all the boys wanted her and all the girls wanted to be her. But I for one don’t even want to be next to her.  

As soon as we arrived at school Ashley stuck to Damien’s arm like he was the last man alive.

‘Ugh, Damien I still don’t know why you walk with this bag of trash like where does she get her clothes from? Your my boyfriend, I don’t like that you hang out with her.’ Ashley spat at me.

‘Babe I don’t have a choice, don’t worry I only like you.’ Damien said then kissed her.

It’s the same thing every day, she insults me, he tells her don’t worry then they kiss, and for some reason there is always a pain in my chest the I walk away.

*****

During lunch, I was with my best friend Chris, Philistia, Sarah and DJ. Somehow we all managed to handle each other.  Chris was the player in the group, the popular one, the ladies man but somehow he ended up in our group. He had brown short hair, and dark chocolate eyes. Philistia was the calm but then again wild one in our group, she was talented in playing music and she was a tell it like it is kinda person. She had beautiful brown hair, cute little freckles under her eyes, hazel eyes and she was a short one. Sarah is the hyper one. She always brings smiles and happiness to us. She has dark brown hair; dark brown eyes, tall and she had a beautiful smile. She loved to run even went for competitions. Then there was DJ, DJ and Chris is like a package deal. They have been best friends for years and somehow they ended up being popular and also in our group. He had a faux hawk, brown eyes and normal height. Both Chris and DJ were strong, DJ also always started fights, he was like a bad boy but he really is a softy. Chris is similar very strong, even won medals but he didn’t start fights but if DJ needed him in a fight he would always be at his side. I was the balance of the group, the one with advice, to help, to have fun with. I have dark brown curly hair, in the sun it looks slightly red, I have dark brown eyes and i am short. The relationship we had in our group is strong it would take a lot to break that.

All we talked about was how Ashley, was being her rude self today but when Damien and her walked in the cafeteria, Ashley had puffy eyes and mascara stains under her eyes. All we could ask is what in the world happened. On top of the Damien didn’t sit with her, didn’t look at her, nothing, looked more like he was ignoring her like she had plague. Damien got his lunch and sat with his boys, also known as the popular table.

‘What the heck happened with her?’ asked Chris.

‘Did they break up?!’ asked Philistia.

‘I don’t know, I’ll ask Damien though, he has to know.’ I told the group.

As i walked over to Damien I had some questions from him myself.

‘Hey’ greeted Damien.

‘Hi, what happened with Ashley? Did you guys break up? You guys have been together ever since you came here, why break up know?’

‘Well then uhm, ya we broke up, I dumped her because I sorta like someone else and she deserves all my attention’ he said as he looked me straight in the eye.

All I could do is look away.

‘Ok, see you later.’ I said about to run back to my table when he grabbed my arm causing me to fall over him, making me sit in his lap.

‘Is that all you wanted?’ he asked with a smirk.

‘Yea thanks’ I said then jumped off him and walked away.

I could over hear James, one of his football friends saying damn she hot why don’t you date her, only for Damien to reply, there is only one thing stopping me and believe it or not I think I love her.

Instead of walking back to my table I ran to the girl’s washroom.