34: Out Of All The People.

***Third Person***

Ayana stood shocked. Staring at the person before her. It was Rin. But not Rin. The Ryokō demon had possessed him. It was so hard for her to fully process this though. Rin still looked the same. But those blood red eyes gave it all away. So many things were being fumbled around Ayana's mind.

The idea that Rin was truly being possessed. How did he even get possessed? And out of all the people the Ryokō demon could have chosen...

Why Rin?

"Ayana... Isn't that..." Kina muttered with terrified eyes, "the Ryokō demon?"

"Yes... It is..." Ayana confirmed.

"Huh?" Hoshi now said, "this... Is Ryokō?" Hoshi was shocked by this.

"The Ryokō demon is possessing our friend, Rin." Ayana told Hoshi to answer his unsaid questions.

Hoshi's eyebrows furrowed. It angered him that Ryokō had been possessing people. However, as Hoshi watched Rin standing in front of them all, something occurred to him. He saw the black tail flickering behind Rin, the pointed ears and canine teeth, and the red sheathed sword strapped behind his back.

That's when he knew.

"Ayana-chan?" Hoshi said, "isn't this... Satan's child?!"

Ayana was silent for a moment then said, "yeah... What of it?"

Before Hoshi could say anything else, he was cut off by the laughing of the possessed Rin.

"Hahaha! Isn't it great?! I was just wandering around that little resort up there, and I found this kid standing around all grumpy. Quite a good catch I must say~" Rin plucked on his collar with a smug grin, "it was even Satan-sama's kid!  So it's been quite a good day for me. I can feel his immense power surging through me! Hahaha!"

Rin then opened his arms out, and his blue flames with black smoke engulfed both of his fists as he continued to laugh like a maniac; and his red eyes were filled with gleam.

Ayana, Kina and Hoshi all watched Rin wide eyed, and with horror.

"You can use his flames too?" Ayana asked, shocked.

"Why yes I can, Ayana~" The Ryokō demon in Rin's body replied, "it's not that hard you know"

Ayana gritted her teeth and growled in a deathly tone, "let him go."

Rin glanced at Ayana with his red eyes and said with a fake pout, "what if I don't wanna?"

"Then I'll make you." She replied.

"And how will you do that?"Ayana paused. What could she do? How was she actually supposed to make the Ryokō demon release Rin? Ryokō then smirked in Rin's body,"heh. You don't know, do you? Hahahaha!"

As Rin continued to laugh like an insane person, Hoshi walked beside Ayana and whispered,

"Ayana." She glanced to her side and saw Hoshi's serious yet determined look. He glanced at Rin then motioned his head to the opposite side. Ayana looked the direction he was gesturing and saw the ancient runes at the cave. She then looked back at Hoshi and he whispered, "distract him for me."

It took Ayana a moment before realizing. The Ryokō demon was here. If Hoshi did the ritual now; he could get this mountain back. But would it also free Rin?

"Will it work?" Ayana asked Hoshi. He stayed silent for a moment, then said,

"I really hope so. Once I do it, it may get Ryokō out of balance and let your friend go. But we can only hope." He stood up slightly straighter and said, "I'm counting on you, Ayana-chan"