~ Fifteen ~

"Drive thru or go inside?"

"Oh you decide? Remember, I am the girl who freakishly obsesses that a guy likes me; as well as stalks me; and then I go over to his house. I am not the one that should be answering that question. You decide."

Laughing he says, "Ha-ha. You're really funny."

"Some people call me humorous." I laugh as I point to my funny bone and he just smiles at me with those brown eyes that twinkle in the sunlight.

"Ha-Ha Ames. You're so funny. So, about last night?" He says as he turns into the drive thru and then stops. My thumb was placed on my bottom lip as I looked out the window and watched the people drive and run into the stores in the plaza; and I was suddenly in a trance and thinking about what he just asked me.

Last night. The night I threw my cares and views to the wind and did something outrageously amazing. Kissing him felt right and it made me feel like a giddy girl going to the carnival or something; I mean it was beautifully and epically romantic and intense; and it felt so good to finally do something no one saw coming. Are we dating? Was it a one time thing? Will we make it official? How will we explain it? The dinner? I have to tell him that his family and himself are invited to my house Sunday. Are we just best friends who kiss? I thought my head was going to explode - but I heaved my chest up and down and just watched two blue jays fly through the trees and the sky and smiled.

Stop thinking. You're making your head hurt. Just face him, because the person in front of the car in front of you is taking way too long in ordering. Just talk - and if you don't talk now - talk during free period. You both have similar schedules remember? Must I explain to you what to do about everything? Oh right, I am talking to someone who doesn't want to get hurt and fall in love in high school; with boy mentality of a five year old. Hey! That's not nice. Shut up and do what I said. You're on your own right now. Don't worry - your luck is looking up right now.

"Uhm...last night? Right? What about it?"

Shaking his head as he smiles at me with those eyes, and I just melt away. All my qualms were instantly gone.

"The kiss? Ames? We were going to talk about what it meant? Anything ringing bells in that head of yours?"

"Are we together or was it a one time thing? I'm not as experienced in relationships like you are."

Closing his eyes and looking away, I could tell he had his snarky grimace on his face; and I turned away again. Great - now I opened another can of worms that is going to break my heart. Screw this - I will tell him exactly how I feel. Girls, do that right? "I like you. I like you so much, that I don't know what to do and I don't think before I start speaking. Words just splurge out and I always get in trouble. I would definitely like to be in a relationship with you - but don't get mad at me for speaking the truth. I never thought this would happen. So, do you want to make this official or what? Move up. It's almost our turn for coffee."

He moves up, but continues not to look at me. I royally screwed up and now I can't find the words to say I'm sorry and this over before it begins. Jake turns to me and utters, "Official? Let's just take this one day at a time."

"Jacob Thaddeus Orion Carter de Beauchamp! Will you just say yes to the whole dating idea? Like seriously? Kiss me and call me yours or whatever you'd do in this situation we have ourselves in. I want you to kiss me slowly and passionately; and I want your lips against mine. I could fall in love with you one day - but if you don't take a leap of faith with me - there's no chance of that happening."

I could always get away with saying his full name and him not getting upset about it. We ordered our coffee and started driving to school. For like five minutes it was quiet and I felt the need to scream or to jump  out of the car or something.

"Amelia Giovanna Marceline MacMurrough. Let's figure what this is before making it known to the public eye; and maybe we have to act as if we don't like each other in public; and keep it private for now."

"Oh the way you say my name. Hmmm... one month. Let's date for one month and see how it goes and then make it official to the public eye; just in time for Homecoming. So you should probably drop me off here - that way it won't be weird and people won't assume that we're together or something. So, we might have to hate each other for a little bit; because of everything that happened yesterday."

"Even though I hate keeping secrets and that we shouldn't have to do this - it is for the best. Are you sure you want to do this? Date me? I come with baggage you know?"

Closing my eyes, I smile and kiss him on the cheek, "Are you sure you want to date the girl who doesn't love? I'm crazy you know?" Then I grab all of my stuff and get out of the car and shut the door. He rolls down the window and replies with, "I've waited since I was four. One month is nothing. See you in homeroom; and I will sit somewhere else today. Later Ames and I'd date you even if you weren't crazy." Then he speeds off and around the corner to school.

I smile and start walking at a steady pace to Majesty Heights High. One month. 30 days. How hard could that be? To not talk to him as if I like him? Girl you've waited this long. You got this in the bag.