Chapter 1: The Cave Of Mirrors

As Ash, Bonnie, Clemont, and Serena made their way towards Shalour City for Ash's third gym badge, they came across a cave that would be burned in their memory's forever......

The group was walking along route 11 until they saw a small cave at the base of the mountain in front of them. Bonnie and Serena took of running to get a better view of the cave.

"Is this it?" Bonnie questioned.

"Uh huh! That's the cave!" Serena said enthusiastically.

Ash and Clement had finally caught up to the two girls and stopped next to them. Ash stood looking around at the environment while Clemont was bent over, hands on his knees trying to catch his breathe.

"That place?" Ash questioned.

Serena nodded. "What's so special about this place?" Clemont questioned in between his panting.

"I'm not saying a thing! You'll just have to find out yourselves!" Serena replied happily.

"Kaaaaaayyy!" Bonnie said brightly.

The two girls then proceeded to run towards the mouth of the cave again while giggling to themselves. Clemont and Ash sighed and slowly began to follow behind them.

Once they entered the cave the light levels instantly dimmed, the only light coming from a few rays of sunlight seeping through holes in the ceiling reflecting off of the large crystals the extruded out of the walls, floors, and ceilings. The crystals shone a bright blue color which contrasted greatly to the black color of the surrounding rock.

The group stared in awe at the extrusions of crystal all around them. "Isn't it cool? They call it reflection cave." Serena said.

"Reflection cave huh?" Ash said.

The group began to disperse and examine the crystals more closely. Bonnie and Serena had moved to a slab of crystal that was resting upon the wall.

"Wow it looks like a mirror!" Bonnie said enthusiastically. She stuck out her hand up to the reflection to feel the smooth surface, reflective surface.

"Incredible! These arent your run of the mill crystals. These surfaces really do act like a high quality mirror does." Clemont said while adjusting his glasses.

"Yea! They're the perfect way to make sure you're looking your very best! Like a full length mirror." Serena said while examining her reflection.

"Hmmmmm... how do I look?" Bonnie asked.

"Hey look! The cave keeps going!" Ash said. He was no longer near the group. He had wandered further down the tunnel and had found a branching off tunnel. He then began to run down the new path to explore.

"Ash where are you going?" Clemont questioned.

"Ash wait up!" Serena cried. They rest of the group began to try and follow Ash.

"Don't leave us here! Bonnie shouted to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ash had wandered away from the group (apparently not hearing their cries of disapproval towards his exploring) and was happily wandering down the corridor maneuvering around the extruding crystals. He passed many slabs of crystal leaning against the walls. He occasionally stopped at all of them to check his appearance. Some made him look taller and thinner while others made him shorter and fatter. He chuckled while Pikachu squealed happily at the sights of the 'funhouse'. As he walked past one 'mirror' however a noise could be heard as a ripple appeared on the surface. The ripple split sideways to reveal another Ash! This Ash was similiar to our Ash we are all familiar with but his colors were more dull. As soon as the real Ash turned around to see what the noise was but could only see the ripple dissipating into nothing. Ash began to run back to the slab of crystal that was once rippling and stood in front of it.