short story??

Credit to ajkal2 on tumblr who came up with this lil soulmate au
and knitting giant beanies for the song/tune
---------

In this world, everyone has a different tune. And that person's soulmate has another part of the same tune. I was one of the lucky people who met their soulmate. Weird, huh? Well, let's start.

It all started on a cloudy day, with me sauntering and humming my tune while heading to school. "Hey there Taffy!" my friend chirped. "Oh, hi Meow!" I replied. It may sound silly, but my friend and I used to have silly nicknames for each other when we were younger. Oh, memories. We yapped until we got to school.

I was humming my tune softly when suddenly, Miss Sunne said, "Tiffany Lores." Oh! I thought. "Present!" I stated. "Tiffany, do you have your homework done?" Miss Sunne asked after collecting the others' homework. I cursed in my head. "Oh, sorry...I forgot about it.." I quaked. "Well, you've forgotten 4 assignments. See me at detention today," she replied. I nodded. After that moment, the class was silent. Oh yes, I was really the troublemaker back then. We went to lunch as usual, with me sitting with Meow. "Hey Tiffany?" she asked. She would call me by my actual name occasionally. "Yeah Mack?" "How come you're forgetting so many assignments?" "Well, I know I have to do them, but I forget the due date. And you know that I procrastinate," I replied matter of factly. "Well, that does make sense," she said back. We munched on our lunches and got out of there for one more class, that one being math for me. After that boring math class, I wandered over to Miss Sunne's class. To my surprise, there was a brown-haired student in there. I went over and sat somewhere in the middle of the seats, that guy sitting at the back. I pulled out my unfinished assignment and started to sing my short tune under my breath. Are you out there or are you somewhere that I can't follow? Come on! There must be more than this..."Someway, somehow that I can belong, if ignorance is bliss, why can't blissful be my pathway?" I heard the guy sing quietly with an awed tone. Miss Sunne was at the restroom at the moment, so we could talk. "You-you're my soulmate?" I asked, turning around. He had shoulder length brown hair, green eyes, and pale skin. "I-I guess.." he stammered, cherry red. We sat there in silence, not knowing what to do. "Erm, my name's Tiffany, Tiffany Lores," I said.
------
Okay, I'm kinda tired so I'll continue this tomorrow. Or in my case, later in the day because it's midnight. See ya!
-doodle