Chapter 2

Chapter 2 The Stymphallan Bird

The sounds of snapping branches echoed throughout the area. Heavy combat boots crunched the gravel as a six foot tall male strolled lazily along the forest. Although this particular area is still known as a 'forest', the usual presence of flora and fauna is absent, it had been like that for years. Starting from a few years ago, trees have become bare of leaves, resulting in the trees looking skeleton-bare and almost eerie at certain times of the night, especially when the branches look like reaching arms, trying to drag you to the shadows of darkness. All of this is due to the lack of sunlight in the Grey's territory. Over the years, animals that were not able to adapt to the changes in their surroundings in time were either preyed on or died. Though most of them seem to realise the recertification to the ancient times, where survival is for the fittest, and only the fittest. Humans are no longer at the top of the food chain, hunger was apparent in animals and humans when the world's food supply stopped. They had no qualms resorting to killing animals for food, same for the animals, may the one who wins the fight sate their hunger. The once modern world had reverted back to the caveman era, only with the added help of technologies, the Greys are forced to fight against the wild.

The footsteps gradually stopped near a rather famous bar, the bar is known to be a black market for the Greys, selling many food and medicinal supplies that prices increases significantly as the days goes on. Nobody knows where the supplies come from, nobody care to question though, but there are some rumours around. The bar is also very well known due to the presence of both nobles and Grays, in fact, it is the only place in the Grey area to spot the self claimed 'gods' in their natural habitats. The man pushed the door into the club and strode in a slow but confident manner, his presence had caused heads to swivel to his direction, angry glares slowly melting to appreciative glances. He shrugged off the looks that he was given with ease as he look around the bar for a certain green head.

Once spotting the man he was looking for, he quickly made his way over, accidentally knocking into a man with blazing red hair. Muttering a quick sorry to the guy, he walked towards the counter, ordered a soda and sat down next to the green head. "Aomine, you're late by five minutes." The man said, pushing his spectacles up with his bandaged fingers while sipping his red bean soup. "Meh, it's not like you had anything to do anyways." Aomine grumbled, taking one big gulp of his soda when the abnormally tall bartender placed his drink on the counter. "Hmph. And how would you know that? Such an inconsiderate bastard." The man easily replied.

Both of them then chose to drink their preferred beverages, evaluating each other after five years. Midorima grudgingly admits to himself that Aomine has done quite well for himself. Considering the rumours circulating around him about his apparent ruthlessness, he believed that he had survive pretty well despite the incident. Standing at six foot tall, the blue hair man had a lazy aura surrounding him, moving around with slowness and arrogance. But, his eyes show a sharp clear intensity, for those foolish enough to try to attack him, well let's just say that Aomine could be vicious should he want to. Aomine too was looking at Midorima closely, nodding when he saw that the other had put on some muscle mass after five years. Aomine always knew Midorima as a doctor, he was the book smart type, although he knew how to defend himself in some basic ways or using smarts to get out of any situation, Aomine was glad that Midorima had chose to strengthen himself physically as well as mentally.

Aomine and Midorima considered themselves as acquaintances, maybe even allies. Whenever one of them wish to speak or notify the other, the person would leave a series of clues in areas where only both of them know. The clues would then them lead to the place that they agree to meet at a very specific timing, they would also change their meeting place as often as possible. All of these extra measures had prevented anyone from following them, as both had became infamous over the years due to their cruelty and viciousness with how they treat their victims. It's not like they torture their victims per say, in fact most of the time, they were the ones being attacked, it is just basic self defence to get rid of threats. Well, neither of them mind that rumours about them are making people think twice before attacking them, this made life a tad bit easier for themselves too.