One Shot Story

Keith p.o.v

So there i was sitting on a wheelchair facing to the window glass. Taking my breath,since today is the last time im going to do that. I've been stucked in this hospital for the past 4 months. I cant wait to get out from this hell. It's not that i dont like here,i do like it. The doctors are nice,the foods are great,the patients are friendly. I just like the surrounding here. It's just one thing i dont like being here,waiting for my death and getting forced to eat the disgusting medicine. I look at the sky,the clouds are getting dark. I assume it's going to rain. I smile as soon i saw a bouquet of new flowers were at my table,every week a new flower will come,but i dont know who sent this. But who cares. It's freezing in my room. I rubbed my hand to get some heat. I sniff a bit. Soon, the clouds is getting darker than before. I looked around outside the window then my eyes caught something. A girl just like my age is sitting on a swing at the park. She must be waiting for someone i think.

#flashback

I looked at my watch and it's almost 6 o'clock. I sigh roughly then look around if he is near. It's getting dark. I saw a swing just a few meters from where i'm standing. I walk towards the swing then sit on it. I swing myself while humming. Then i felt someone is pushing my back. I startled. I look back and it was him,with his charming smile. Greyson Chance. Even his name is charming. His my bestfriend. And we've been bestfriend for 2 years now. But he doesn't know that i have feelings for him. And never will.

"Did i shocked you?" His deep voice gives me a chill.

"Youre late. Again!" I push the word 'again'.

"Im sorry,something went wrong with my car. So that's why im late." He explained trying to persuade me with his words.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and didnt even look at him.

"I brought you starbucks,green tea. Just the way you love it." He looked at me while holding the starbucks.

"Okay fine. I forgive you. Now let's go to the funfair. I've been dying to go there." I grab the starbucks then pulled his hand. He smiled then open the car door.

-skip-

We arrived at the funfair a few minutes later. I was so amazed that time. I never get a chance to go there since im so busy with my study. And at last Greyson ask me if i can go with him. And yes,here we are. We had so much fun there. Before we went home,we took a few pictures together for our memories. It was the best time ever we spent together. The funfair ends with fireworks.

#end flashback

I startled a bit when i heard a knock at my door. A nurse came in.

"Morning Ms.Cole,you woke up early today." The nurse smile at me. And yes,my fullname is Keith Trisha Cole. I sigh then give the nurse smile.

"Ofcourse. Don't want to miss my last day of living,dont i?" The nurse smile turned into guilty.

"Im sorry,i didnt meant to-" "Can you take me to the hospital's park? It's a very nice day to go there isnt it?" I cut her words before she can finish it. She nod then pushed my wheelchair.

A few minutes later,we arrived at the park. It was so nice there,so peaceful. Eventhough it's going to rain,but i really want to enjoy my time at here. I asked for the nurse to give me some time alone and she let me. I was alone at last. I took a deep breath then it reminds me of something.

#flashback

"Greyson! Wait for me!" I shouted when he left me behind. I bend 90 degrees while holding my knees. I was panting so hard.
Then i sat at the jog track. Greyson runs back to me.