Close Your Eyes

Clary Pov:

There are so many things you want to say to the people you love before you die. You want more time, more memories, so much more time. But it just seems like there's not enough time in this world.

As Jace held me screaming for me to survive and not go to sleep, all I could do was look at him while I died. I wanted to tell him I loved him, but it was like I was frozen. I couldn't speak, couldn't move, couldn't tell him I loved him and I was sorry.

***

Jace Pov:

Why are people taken from us? Why did I have to loose the person I love most? Its the worst feeling. Knowing she's going to leave me while I hold her in my arms.

Her eyes are open, she looks like she wants to tell me something, but its like she can't. She's frozen can't talk, can't move, she's just frozen.

I'm screaming at her to get up, to live, to survive, anything but leave.Yet everything I try she won't respond.
I look into her eyes, the eyes I'd looked into so many times before, and saw fear. Fear of dying, fear of leaving me, fear of not living.

I realized in that moment I couldn't keep her her. I had to let her go from this pain and fear. I couldn't let her suffer. I had to say goodbye.

So that's what I did. I let her go.

"Clary I want you to close your eyes. Imagine that your flying, soaring through the clouds having the time of your life," My vioce cracked, and I stopped for a minute thinking of what to say.

"Imagine that I'm with you. You see a door. Your currious of what's behind the door, but your also nervous. You soar through the clouds, me right behind you. Finally you reach the door, and you have overcome your fears. Slowly you open the door," I hugged her close and said with tears flowing down me face.

"Now step through."