She's gone

I was glad to be back after a long last week of summer. It was great having time off of cheer to relax, but I was becoming anxious waiting for school. And to be honest, I would have rather been at practice all week to distract me from what was about to come. The first day of high school. It had been a month since my best friend of two years had moved. I know two years doesn't seem too long in the scheme of things, but I had only been in that town for two years. I grew up as a military brat my whole life, so I moved around a bit. I was born in Oregon, and had moved to Portland to a small town just 30 minutes away at a year old. I lived there for about 7 years until we moved to Virginia for a year. And after that, we moved to California. Mmm do I love saying that. It has been my favorite place so far. After living in a city there for about 3 years, we moved to a town about 15 minutes away, which was a lot less ghetto, if I do say so myself. Anyway, back to my best friend. We met in the most unconventional way you could think. A sewing class. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it. It was the summer before seventh grade, and I guess both of our mothers had the brilliant idea to put us in a class full of quiet, antisocial teenagers, thinking we would make friends. But I guess they were right. One quick phone number exchange later and we were on our way to becoming besties. She was my first real friend since my first bff in preschool. After she moved as well, it was hard making friends, especially after moving schools so often. I had moved 4 schools since kinder and I wasn't about to let the first real friend I met go. We hit it off right away. I would go to her house everyday after school, and we would do homework and I would steal her food. Ahh the good days. We even made YouTube videos together, until I privated them. Let's just say those weren't our brightest moments. So after going through everything with her in junior high, that was it. She was gone. Luckily, I had a few great friends to help guide me through my first year of high school.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thank you all so much for reading! Let me know if you want an update, I would love to know your thoughts! -Brynn