A Start

"You have to!!"
"I really don't want to go"
"But you have! You have to go!"
"Leave me alone!"
I hurried up through the crowded corridor, trying to get away from my crazy best friend, but Holy didn't give up, and she ran to catch up with me.
"Oh come on! If you'll just try..!"
"Please Holy" I said "give it a rest"
I stopped in my locker to get my books and hurried for Spanish class, Holy came with me, we had almost every class together.
We were unusually quiet during the lesson so I could think about Holy's offer. She wanted me to join the school's musical competition. I mean, come on! I'll never do that...
I do love music, music is such a huge part of my life since I remember myself. When I was five, I had a little piano, and when I started to play all kinds of children's songs by myself, without learning how to play, my mother sent me for real lessons. A few years later I started to took guitar lessons and I also learn how to sing. I fell in love with the music world. I love to sing, I love to play, I love to hear how random notes makes such a beautiful melody when together.
But yet... There is no way I'm going to sing in front of the whole school... It's ridiculous, I mean, my biggest crowd so far were my parents, my sister and Holy. There is no way I'll do that. Plus, the auditions for the competition are really tough. There are judges and it's very hard to even get into the competition. I'll never be good enough, so I'm better not making a fool of myself.
Holy wrote something in her notebook and pass it to me. I read it, it said "you are so good! You will win for sure.. Just try the audition"
"I don't know.. I need to think about it" I wrote back.
She smiled, happy she made me at least considering the idea.
When Spanish was over we went to the cafeteria for lunch. While we ate, Holy said "see this tall guy over there?"
I saw a tall and good looking guy.
"What about him?"
"This is Jackson, he's so hot..."
I rolled my eyes and continued eating my sandwich. "No, listen! He is the one who will tell you when your audition will be... You just need to tell him that you wanna try"
"But I don't"
"Julie!!"
"I just said I'll think, I didn't make any promises.."
"Ohh all right" Holy said. "But tomorrow is the last day to sign up."
I didn't understand why she's making such a big deal out of a stupid competition. Well actually it's not so stupid. It's a really big and professional competition. A very big night, and all the people in the town will come to watch. The winner of the competition will go to New York, and he/she will sing/play there with a lot of famous singers and artists. I won't lie, I thought about it, but there would be so much talented kids in the competition. I know I have no chance.. So why to go?