Audition

I was sitting in front of my piano. My fingers moved so fast it looked like they are barely touching the keyboard.
I was playing my favorite Beethoven's, "Fur Elisa".
The music soothed me, and helped me think clearly.

I was thinking about the audition.
I saw in my mind the big room, I was standing on the stage and all the judges are looking at me and wait for me to start...

I can try the Audition, I decided.
In the worst situation I'll fail and Holy and I would laugh about the stupid judges, and go out to eat a lot of ice cream.
Yeah, I can do that.
I finished the last chords perfectly.

* * *

On the next day, I saw Jackson when I walked with Holy to my locker.

"Go to him!" Holy whispered
"Not now!" I whispered back
Holy looked like she wanted to argue but Jackson was -thank god- already gone.

We saw him again at lunch and between classes, but I didn't go to him.
Before the very last lesson of this day, Holy gave me a scary look and said that if I won't go - she will.

I sighed and looked for Jackson, I saw him almost immediately because he was so tall.
I went to him and said sheepishly
"Hey... If I want an audition for the competition, are you the one I need to speak to...?"

"That correct" he smiled
"Good... So.. I want an audition..." I murmured.
He looked at me.
"Do you play?" He asked
"Yes," I said "and sing too"
"I should have guess.. So,"
he looked at a list he took out of his bag. "Your audition would be at 3:30pm"
I looked at my watch. It was 3:20.

"You mean.. Today??"
"Yes"
"You mean, right now???"
"Yeah, hurry up!"

I was shocked. I thought I would have a few days to get ready for this audition, or at least one evening! I didn't think about any song yet!!

Holy join us and asked, "so, when it would be?!"
"Now!!" I screamed panicky, I grabbed her hand and started running to the auditorium, where the auditions took place. Holy manage to call "thank you!" to the surprised Jackson and run with me.

"Calm down!!" She called to me.
"I don't want to calm down!! What am I going to sing?? I didn't prepare anything!!"
"Just.. Don't freak out! Go in there and sing the first thing you have in mind... You are going to be great!!"
Holy slowed and stopped. "I can't go inside.. But I'll wait for you right here!
Good luck.."
The big doors of the auditorium opened and suddenly I was standing behind the scenes.

There was a fifteen years-old boy on stage, and he played on a saxophone, he was really good.
I listened to the music and tried to calm down.
Suddenly the music stopped, and I heard someone say - "thank you very much Phil... is he the last one?"
"No... Jackson just texted me, there is another one"
There were a few seconds of quite, and then I heard loud and clear voice that called -

"Julie Forman"