// 1 //

October 31, 1993

Adrianna's POV

"Didn't I tell you to not call me?" I frustratingly said to my best friend.

"Yeah, but I'm just ugh... I need company here." The way she talked on the telephone was slurred, clearly stating the fact that she have drank way too much alcohol by now.

"Company? Or this is just one of those nights where you're so drunk that you need a babysitter, which is sadly me, to look for you so you wouldn't do stupid things that you will regret the next morning? Been there, done that. Not going to happen again." I sighed, finishing my rant.

"Yeah, but aren't that what best friends suppose to do? What if something bad happens to me?" I could barely make up all the words that she was saying, because of the band playing loudly in the background.

I didn't even know why I'm bestfriend to this girl. Like, we were literally complete opposite. She liked to go out and party, I didn't. I liked music and books, she didn't. Imagine an introvert and an extrovert living in a same apartment, how's that even possible. But nevertheless, they said that opposite attracts, just like positive and negative. Besides, she just had the best sense of humor.

"Then it's your fault, Sally."

I spent my Halloween in our apartment, doing absolutely unproductive things, while she spent hers by going out, and she'd blame me if something bad happened to her? Definitely drunk.

"Please!!!" She said loudly, so I could at least, heard her plead. "This is the last one, I promise." Sally added.

I looked at the clock hanging on our wall, and it said "11:45 pm".

I sighed, giving up and said, "Okay. What club are you even at this time?" As I said that, I grabbed my car keys and put on a denim jacket over my black sleeveless rumper.

I heard her squealed in the other line. "Thank you so much! You're so kind, I'm so lucky to have you as a-"

"Yeah yeah I get it. But what club?" I smiled a little, and rolled my eyes, even though she couldn't see it.

"The Viper Room." She giggled.

"No no no no... nope." I said, regretting that, I, agreeing with her was the best idea.

"Why not now Adrianna?!" As she said that, it was as if she was about to cry. Seriously, how drunk was she?

"There's no way I'm going in there! There's like a hundred of drug addict's asses floating around, and they all probably smell like as if they just got into a war. I might suffocate!" I exaggerated. I've heard about that club before, many times actually. Good things and mostly bad things.

"So you're saying that I'm one of them?" She chuckled. "You know what, just f*cking get in here!" Before I even got the chance to respond to her, she hangs up.

I had no chance, but to go after her. That club was dangerous, sure, but I wouldn't honestly sleep at night peacefully, knowing that something bad might happen to her.

And I know she was not doing this because she wanted someone to look after her, but because she was trying her best to get me out my shell. Which I wouldn't usually agreed, but according to her state right now and how much drunk she was, something bad might happened to her. She was in The Viper Room, for Pete's sake. I was only concerned to my bestfriend.

I walked out to our apartment door, making sure that I locked it and put the door key in my denim pocket. I quickly ran to my car and drove to the 8852 Sunset Blvd street. Hoping this doesn't go wrong.

-

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT