𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜, 𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚜𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚊

Z A Y N

With a wince, I press an ice pack to the back of my head

With a wince, I press an ice pack to the back of my head. The door to the interrogation room opens with a creek, causing me to tear my eyes away from the surface of the table I'm sitting at. Two of my well-known colleagues, make their way inside, guilt and shock still painted on their faces. Hell, I was the same...

Detective Rodger Prescott, a tall bloke with his brown Disney Prince hair cut, lets out a sigh as him and his partner sit across from me.

"I'm sorry to do this to you, Malik, but-"

"It's protocol." I cut him off, earning a sympathetic look from him. My eyes trail back to the table, where my hand currently rested. "Yeah, I know..."

"Okay so..." Detective Niall Horan begins in his Irish accent. "Can you walk us through what happened? I mean...what were you two even doing there?"

I hold the bridge of my nose, trying to decide where I could begin...The bar. I guess it all started at the bar.

"Well, we had just wrapped up the Donohue case so Louis offered to buy me a drink."

"At the usual?" Horan nods as he scribbles down on his notepad.

"No..." I respond, causing them to look up at me. "That's the thing...he wanted to go to Rouze."

"Rouze?" Prescott furrows his eyebrows at the name of the bar. "Why would he want to go all the way over there?" He asks, earning a shrug from me.

"I have no idea..."

We sat at one of the high tables, you know the one with stools for seats. Pretty soon a cute waitress makes her way toward us, tying a half apron around her waist with the words, "ROUZE" written on it. She provided us with menus, but I just wanted a beer.

"Okay so that's one beer and what would you like?" Her blue eyes look at Louis.

"Oh no thanks, love. I don't drink. Besides, I'm driving us home."

"We have plenty of non-alcoholic drinks available." She assures as she flips his menu over so he could see the virgin drinks on the back. He can't help but smile at her commitment before his eyes quickly skim over his options.

"Okay, you win. I'll have an 'orange creamsicle.'"

"Excellent choice." She beams before she writes it down and takes back our menus. "I'll be right back with your drinks, gentlemen."

"To another case solved." Louis toasts before we cling our glasses together. We both take a gulp before I decide to break the silence.