𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟔 - 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚋𝚒

Z A Y N

"Hyper what?" Horan furrows his eyebrows.

"Hyperacusis." I repeat as I lead him and Prescott towards the morgue.

"And it's basically like super hearing?" Horan asks, making sure he heard right.

"That's what she compared it to."

"I have to admit that sounds pretty cool." Prescott shared as we made a turn. I looked at him questioningly.

"It's a medical condition, mate." I remind him.

"Still cool." He admits with a shrug. I shake my head as we arrive. Horan opens the doors and allows us to go in first before he follows behind. "Such a gentleman," Prescott jokes prompting Horan to roll his eyes.

Like usual, the room was a bit chilly, just how Will liked it. Speaking of Will, he was busy scribbling some notes down on a clipboard. No doubt with that messy handwriting that's difficult to read. We make our way towards the stainless steel table where Mabelle Stanford's body laid.

I take a good look at the young girl in front of us. I can't help but sigh as I study her condition. The young ones are always the toughest cases.

 The young ones are always the toughest cases

Willa Fitzgerald as Mabelle Stanford

Will finally finishes and turns around to find us patiently waiting for him.

"So, what'd you find?" Prescott asks, getting his notepad and pen ready.

"Well," Our coroner sighs as he leans on the table. "Cause of death. I found signs of strangulation here," he points at her neck. "Her windpipe's crushed...see the bruised pattern?" Will pointed to the purple fingerprints around Mabelle's neck. They were literally fingerprints. I don't mean just the tip of your finger; I mean whole thing. We all nod at Will. "Indicates she was strangled with both hands." He demonstrates the gesture with his actual hands. We nod again before writing it down.

After getting some more details from Will, the three of us leave the morgue and walk down the hallway to find a lead. "Alright, you notified the family last night right?" I point back at Horan.

"I did. Mom was working a late shift when I called..." I shake my head and turn around to face them.

"I'm gonna go ask her a few questions. Do you two mind checking with the boyfriend?"

"On it." They both say before we split ways. I spot Selena on my way out of the hall and she immediately looks up at me as if on cue. She stands and rushes over to catch up.

"So what'd you find out?"

"Why do you want to know?" I smirk, sort of amused.

"I saw her in the last moments before she died, Zayn. You didn't see the terror in her eyes." I think about it before letting out a sigh.